Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Being Real-Glimpses of my Christmas House Feat. My Kitchen Hutch

Image result for christmas 

Last week I wrote a post I titled 'Being Real'.  In that post I shared how my desk looked.  And then I shared My Christmas Desk.
You can see the 'Real' post here.  You can see the Christmas post 
Image result for christmas blog post dividers
Today I am sharing a few photo's of my house. 
I called this post 'Being Real' because my photo's aren't fancy.
They are just plain 'ole pics with no cropping and nothing fancy.
I'm being real.
Enjoy the tour.

A glimpse of my hutch and table.  I took this photo because I was wanting to highlight the table runner.  It is meant for a swap.  
Here's a close up of the table runner before I send it off! . . . 

I love the red plaid.  
It is merely a piece of fabric laid on the table. 
It speaks Christmas to me.
And a close up of the hutch featuring one of my favorite things.
A couple of years ago I started a collection of Christmas trees.
The Cowboy brought this one home from a resale store! 
We are getting more 'real' here.  Sharing a pic that isn't very good.
I wanted to show you the tree that started my collection . . . 

Just a little glimpse.  It deserves a complete post. And maybe 
one day I will do that. 
The tree on the far left my DIL made a few years ago.  It is filled with handmade ornaments each representing something I love. 
In the middle is a tree that The Cowboy made himself.  The tree he found at Hobby Lobby.  He loved the camo.  I loved the burlap.
He added the fish hooks.  
Behind the  Cowboy tree is just a simple tree with lights.  Nothing special.
Here's a closer up of the tree my DIL made.  You can see a snowman,  a dog bone, lower left is felt Yellow Roses (for Texas).
It is a special tree!

There is a big window in this tiny breakfast nook.  On the left of the window is a small space where the Cowboy hung a shelf and put and I put a  rustic cabinet underneath. 

I have a new treasure that I am displaying on the shelf . . . 
I took this photo before I was finished with the Christmas decor. 
I had just begun.  I love the platter that I have displayed on an 
easel.  The easel was purchased last year for cents at a resale store that had a 90 percent off sale. 

The platter was a dumpster find.  Sort of.  I ran into a man putting things into the dumpster.  He had some items for donation he gave them to me.   He was fine with me keeping a few and then delivering to the resale shop the items I didn't want. 

Behind the platter you can see my ice trees.  I bought at Big Lot's back in the day.  

And another shot of the hutch . . . 
I am sharing this shot one more time because I wanted to share the red vase on the hutch.  I love it.  It was another Big Lot's find from way back in the day.  I have already moved it to my counter.  It perfectly holds a roll of paper towel!  I tried seeing what it looked like on the hutch.  But, it just speaks to me as a paper towel holder! 

Image result for christmas blog post dividers
My house isn't fancy. 
My house isn't even completely decorated. 
My photo's are simple and unedited.
But I love it.
It's me. 
And it's real.  
Image result for christmas blog post dividers
I hope you enjoyed my little tour.
I'd love to share with you the rest of my house.
Come by tomorrow to see my Cabin themed Green House Room
Merry Christmas

Linking at my favorite parties.  Scroll to the bottom for the list with links.  




No comments: