Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Work in Progress Wednesday

Think I'll finish in time?
T:
Basting in progress.  I wrap the layers on boards to make them 'taut'. The very bottom shows the inside of the quilt to top.  You can see the long white stitches that are the basting.
T:
I designed this quilt.  There are some patterns.  The barns and houses are paper pieced.  Makes it easier and faster to make little tine triangles. 
T:
The big Uncle Sam is a Country Threads pattern.  It is just a regular rotary cut pattern.  Don't look too close the shoes don't meet the legs.  I'll applique something over it to 'hide' my mistake. HeHe.
T:
The applique angel is a Jan Patek pattern I think.  Don't remember for sure.  The house above has last attached to the edge of the roof.
T:
And a silly boy.  My plan is to hang the quilt above the mantle.  I'm about 3/4's done quilting.  I need to look for fabric for the binding so I'll be going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to see if I can find what I want.  

The Cowboy has been put in charge of making a hanging system.

I hope you enjoyed my little work in progress! 

                              Have a Good Day.  
   I will I love sitting at my sewing machine!
Linking with Mid Week Makers , Let's Bee Social , Sew Cute Tuesday, The Art of Homemaking ,
Clebrate the U.S.A. linky party



10 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

It's just beautiful! We can't wait to see it all finished and hanging in place☺

Nonnie said...

You are talented! That quilt is beautiful! I am so impressed.

Madeline's Album said...

The quilt is just beautiful. I know you will finish it and I will be looking forward to seeing it hanging over your mantel. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Michelle said...

Wow, That is beautiful!
What a cute and silly grandson.
I remember that age when our guys were little.

Susan said...

That's a great quilt! Can't wait to see the grand finish! Thanks for linking up to Midweek Makers
Susan

Suzy said...

All your hard work out in the end...so beautiful!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

JUST LOVE IT!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

There is a lot of work in this quilt, lovely. Thank you for linking up to me at Smilesfromkate.blogspot.co.uk and thank you so much for commenting, I do so appreciate it. You are coming up as a no reply blogger but I clicked through to your google+ page and tracked you down by the pictures of your quilt. This happened to me with google+
Smiles
Kate

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Very clever how you put different patterns together to make your quilt. I imagine it was like a puzzle going together. I've also been seeing that method of layering a quilt. It looks like it worked great. Aren't you glad you don't have to crawl around on the floor?

Thanks for visiting my blog and linking up. I really do appreciate that. I joined yours because I do want to return to see more, especially the finished quilt!

You mentioned about quilting the starts. I'm just beginning free motion on my Dream Frame and just getting comfortable with meandering. I watched a You Tube once that mentioned when you have straight lined patterns use curve line quilting. But with stars I think echoing lines inside and out might emphasize them a bit, like they are radiating? See you later.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That will be a lovely quilt when it's finished! It has a lot of personality. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi