Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Just A Little Wishin' and a Dreamin'

And planning.  Got a few things going on.  Some plans in my head I needed to get out.  Wanna see . . . 
Summer Table Ideas:
Pulled out some of my favorite Black and White vintage fabrics. 
I'll put one on the long counter and the other one on the table.
And top with some cheery yellow napkins. (after I make them HeHe).  I was thinking I might use the crystal vase for sunflowers 
and then I found this idea at Albertson's.  Mason jars it'll be!                            yellow flower border

After I finish a quilt that I'm quiltin' this week.  It's a secret. 
                yellow flower border
I'll  be sewing up table runners and napkins for my Summery 
themed table. 
                  yellow flower border
And while I'm a sewin' I'm a dreamin' and a plannin'.

Here's the original dreaammmmy inspiration .  .  .
All the below images found on Pinterest.  Just a simple search the topic Easy Peasy there they are!

                   Love this, chalkboard in the dining room - menu, wine list, renovated chairs, feels like a fun room to entertain in:
This is dreamy to me!  I'm actually pretty much there.  My table looks alot like this.  Mine is all still stained.  Cowboy would never
agree to painting it.   My chairs are similar.  They'll stay stained too.  
    The real dreamy part to me is the lighting and the chalkboard. 

        Which is next on my list to add to our 'Smallish Space'.
If I run across dreamy 'chandies' like this I'll snap them up too!

I won't do the huge chalkboard like this because I would have to take away the mantle.  I know exactly where and how I'll hang mine.  

Wanna see a few ideas though . . . 

our vintage home love:
I love this idea.  And I have another area where I'm kind of thinkin' of doing this. 

Had to save and share this . . . 
25 Amazing Chalkboard Walls - Thrifty Nifty Mommy:
And then these too . . . 
My Vintage Window: How I letter in chalk.... An imperfect tutorial:    Home is where the dog is- Free Printable - Personal Use Only. #freeprintables #freeprintable:

This idea is actually the one I saw right after the dreaaaammmy
idea.  It's what got me goin' on where I can actually hang mine.
Hot Coca Bar from A Thoughtful Place. She Knows TV: HomeStretch Episode:
Mine will be on a "Smallish" side wall above my tea cart.  A perfect place for when I set up the cocoa bar for the holidays. 

                        My Sweet Savannah: ~EAT signs in my etsy shop~:
Another idea I fell in love with.  I have enough room above my cabinets for something like this.  Perfect to fill in that dead space.

Don't laugh about this one.  Just had to share it . . . 

             Our Best Decorating Ideas: How To Layer for Added Comfort & Style | Apartment Therapy:
If the Cowboy had his way this is the style we'd be goin' for. 
Whew.  Thank goodness he mostly lets me have 'free rein'.


Great tips for creating your own chalkboard art!  Everything you need including how to get rid of ghosting, what tools to use, and ideas to get started!:
This site had a great tutorial.  Check it out. 

And last the kind of idea I have for my frame . . . 
DIY Menu Board: Gilt frame surrounds a chalkboard. Inexpensive and easy to make! http://www.hgtv.com/handmade/how-to-make-an-ornate-framed-chalkboard/index.html?soc=pinterest:
I doubt I'll go quite as ornate and pretty.  Because I'll be thrifting the frame.  I'm not really sure if I'll go white or gold.  

Who knows?  We'll see what kind of mood I'm in when I finally find that frame!  

Are you in the mood for a little 'Wishin' and Dreaming'?

Today I'll be linking at some of my favorite parties like . . . 
The Art of Homemaking, Share My Cup and a few more. 
Find links for all my favorite parties on my party page.

Did you get a chance to enter my Giveaway?  Check it out!

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

The blackboard ideas are wonderful! I would never dream of painting a wall black but I really, really like this☺

shortybear said...

awesome

Madeline's Album said...

Great ideas. Keep on dreaming. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for sharing at SYC! Jo

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Always a lot of wishin and a dreamin goin on over here too. :) It's fun to have a new project in mind, don't you think. Without it life can become dull. Love the inspiration and can't wait to see what you do! I have a chalkboard in a large old window frame. It's fun to change it up for the seasons. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

JES said...

Cute ideas! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!