Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Word Filled Wednesday



"And, whatever you do in word or deed do it all in the name of the
Lord Jesus giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17


Welcome to my very first ever Word Filled Wednesday hosted by Amy actually it isn't really my first. But the first that I chose my own photo and verse.

I found this photo awhile back when I visited Then Sings My Soul Saturday. There was a post there about Companion Dogs and I visited that site. It has always been on my heart to train companion dogs. And possibly the door may be opening for that to happen with the girls at the halfway house. We just got approval to have a dog at the house.

The verse I chose is my memory verse for the week. Here it is again. Hopefully typed from memory.

Colossians 3:17 "And,whatever you do in word or deed do it all in the name of the
Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Well that wasn't great but close so I am off to work on it again and visit a few more WFW posts.

Blessings to all. Have a great day!

13 comments:

Joyfull said...

Beautiful picture, captures perfectly a beautiful verse! Have a blessed WFW!

Deanna said...

Love it! I love the verse and the photo you chose to go with it.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Beautiful my friend! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Ann said...

I hope your dream is realized. Beautiful picture and wonderful Scripture choice! Happy WFW!

Debra Kaye said...

Sherry,

Such a beautiful life verse. Loved the photo you picked to go with it.

Sending you a big hug, my friend!

Kristi said...

Ooooh, that is a beautiful photo and scripture. Blessings to you.

Peggy said...

Is this YOU??? I just sent you a short email...Blessings and great photo with the verse! This sounds so excited with Companion dogs. WOW! Another thing we can share in common. I LOVE IT! You are welsome to my WFW...if you still take them for your food shelf ministry. If this isn't you...my dear friend
...you probably don't understand any of this! I'm so pleased to see this memory verse. Great choice! God bless & have a great day with WFW or babysitting and may God provide for your ministry!!! You should try to do some of what Marsha does! Thanks
for sharing. Love this blog look!

Oh, just read some comments...it is you!!! I thought you wanted to remain ANONYMOUS since your name is not in profile about me...love ya'

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Oh - this is precious! One of Gracie's litter-mates will be trained as a guide dog. What a wonderful thing you may be doing. A ministry in and of itself!
Happy WFW!
~esthermay @The Heart of a Pastor's Wife

aspiritofsimplicity said...

that verse was in the bible study I have been doing. What an inspiration to try and live like that.

Amydeanne said...

I have always wanted to train companion dogs as well!

love love the new look! it's stunning!

ellen b. said...

Well good for you to be memorizing scripture!! This is a great verse and the photo is too sweet!

Carla said...

How beautiful! Nothing is as healing as an animal is it? When my ss when through down times growing up, our dogs or cats were there for him. And I love the stories of prisoners re-habing strays for adoption. I love what the dog whisper does with people, to honor the animal, and honor themselves too:) Please share how this goes:)

And, may I say, what a lucky dog!!!

Denise said...

Great verse and picture.