Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I love daily meme's. Some people are so creative and give us such good ideas like
Iris at Sting My Heart. And when I am able to post I probably will continue to do Thankful Thursday on My Journey.
I mentioned in the fall that God had placed it on my heart to use this blog not only as an online journal and a way to be creative but to use it for him. As my memory verse this week says. And so I am going to be selective in which of the meme's or carnivals that I do here. My other blog My Home Sanctuary is where I'll be posting also so come and see me there too.

Here's my Thankful list for today in no particular order.

1. Propane gas and God's provision....it has been really cold here. Winter isn't my favorite season for sure! It always seems to be colder when we have some really nice days and then another cold spell. But we got some gas today (God's provision) and our house is warm and toasty.

2. My computer. I love my computer. I know I always seem to say something about my blog friends or blogging. I sound like a broken record. But I really love my laptop.

3. My landlord. I am thankful that he is a Godly man and that he listens to God. He is patient with us when we are late on the rent. And now he has given me the task of putting in a vegetable garden and chickens. (go to My Home Sanctuary to see posts on my gardening adventures) It is amazing how God works.

4.My daughter got a new job. It is another God provision. She had worked for a large company and got laid off in November. It was difficult for her to find something to replace the income she was used to making. And, because he prior job was flexible it was easy for me to keep the baby and still do my ministry. God provided a wonderful opportunity for her. She is working at a local store called
The Nesting Place. She had gone there for childbirth and breastfeeding classes. She called the owner last week and asked if she needed help and they did. The amazing thing is she gets to take the baby to work.

5.My daughter the "Momma" I am thankful that my daughter is such a good mommy. She is amazing. Here are a couple of photo's of them.




6.And last. This one should have been first! God's patience with me. God is patient with me when I worry and fret. And when I do things without talking to him about it. And when I just get too busy and just neglect talking to him.

Here's the verse I have been working on this week. (From memory)
Colossians 3:17
And,whatever you do in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus
thanking God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17


May all that I say and write be pleasing to him.

11 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Happy Thursday to you! Blessings! Amanda:)

Toia said...

#6 is something I am thankful for......God's patience and mercy.

There were times where I felt like I didn't deserve it. But, God knows best. He knows more of what I deserve than I do.

Great post!!

Denise said...

Precious blessings dear one, love you.

Grammy said...

I am glad to here you are able to see all the blessings in life. Believe and you shale succeed is my new out look this year. As I am learning to look at all the blessings I over looked before.

Beth in NC said...

Very sweet TT list.

Have a blessed day!
Beth

Sandra said...

That's a great list, all wonderful things to be thankful for :)

Kama said...

Your blog is cool and I LOVE your banner! I just started quilting and found your blog from quilting blogs. I can't wait to finish my first quilt!!
My friends and I have a blog called Today's Housewife and we're always looking for guest posts. Please let me know if you're interested--you can check out the blog from my profile.

Kelli said...

What a wonderful thankful list! It's wonderful to hear from you!
Hugs,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

Wonderful thankful post!

Carla said...

Wonderful blessings! Love your verse, your grandbaby has so much hair! What a doll:)