Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trusting in the Lord

There are times when all we can do is trust in the Lord and know that all things work out for his good. Many times I have to do that. And I pray everyday that the decisions and choices that I make are pleasing to him. There are so many verses that speak about this truth. I thought about this verse all week.

Psalms 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Then today I read part of Psalms 28 and read this.

Psalms 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Sometimes it is really difficult for me to be joyful. I know that I should let fears or circumstances rob my of my joy. But they do. I am not necessarily sad or depressed. But I worry and I fret. And so all these things take away the joy that I should have just resting in the knowledge that I am redeemed.

Tonight I think that I will rest in my fathers arms and ask him to show me which verse that I should learn this week.

Tomorrow I will post the verse of the week.

No comments: