Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Project/Goal of the month



This is what I worked on this weekend. Hopefully by the end of the month it will be a little larger than twin size. My daughters birthday is March 31 so I have a little over a month. Right now it will cover the top of a twin bed so I don't have a lot to go. This is the cathedral window pattern. It is completely done by hand! Wow that is a lot of stitches! I have been working on it longer than I care to admit. I have got to get it done for this birthday!

It's hard to tell from this photo but the fabrics she chose are all horse or cowboy themed. There is rope, horses,toiled leather,barbed wire,stars. The colors are red,blue,yellow,green and brown. I think the fabrics are mostly Moda's. One of the lines is Buffalo girls (You quilters out there are probably figuring out how long I have been working on this.)

My daughter has been complaining since before she got married that I have not made her a quilt. I made my "Son in Love" a quilt for his birthday the year they got married as a special welcome to the family.

My goal for finishing it; is her birthday because they are expecting in May.

I want to make one similar for my new grandbaby. (except I'll do the main part on the machine. I found an ok machine stitched pattern) We are going to look this week for horsey theme fabric for the baby. The babys quilt I'll only make to just cover the top of the crib to go with the bedding which we haven't started yet!

I don't know if I learned, realized or remembered this weekend while I was working on this quilt that I work best or function best when I organize myself. I am not really a list writer. Understanding that about myself this weekend was a part of my journey. If I don't discipline myself I end up getting a mess of projects going and not finishing any of them.

And my goal of the month is to get back to the memorizing the verse of the week. I got off to a really bad start last week. May I use Valentines Day as my excuse?
Not a good one really but it would take way too long to write all the other reasons that kept me from the verse. Moving forward. Here's the verse of the week. (again)

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brother whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverence must finish its work so, that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

As I face trials Lord help me to remember that you are there holding me up and seeing me through. One step at a time.

No comments: