Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Facing many trials



James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy my brothers when you face trials of many kinds.
Because the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

Sometimes do you wish that God would finish working on you? You know when things just seem to go from bad to worse. You think you are in his will. You really feel like you are but then you begin to have doubt? I guess that is when you can turn to a verse like this and realize that God is working even when we don't see any evidence.
He gives us many things to be grateful for like a blue sky. It was so beautiful yesterday. I was working outside in a t-shirt. Yea.

But with all that beautiful weather I face another trial. It is trivial in comparison to some of the other things. I face this.



Which perseveers and produces this.

(Did you notice I put in three photo's? I figured it out on Sunday when it was pouring down rain. Which caused all of this!)

And we have this lovely field and yard full of dandelions. (As I think about them I must search through my quilt patterns and show you a photo of a dandelion quilt that I will make one day. I have many others to complete first.)

It makes me realize that as much as I try to rid the yard of this pesky little weeds that it must be what God is trying to do with me. He is trying to rid me of my pesky little issues and problems. And those mistakes I make that sometimes I don't even realize. This is what I read this morning . .

Psalms 19:13 & 14 (Contemporary English Version)
Do not let me do wrong on purpose, Lord, or let sin have control over my life.
Then I will be innocent and not guilty of some terrible fault.
Let me words and my thoughts (and my actions) be pleasing to you, Lord, because you are my mighty rock and my protector.

This is my prayer today that as I perseveer through many trials that my words, my thoughts and my actions are pleasing to you Lord and that you will teach me what I need to learn.

p.s. I almost forgot. Over on the sidebar is Amy's awesome Wordfill Wednesday.
You can visit her at http://www.the160acreawood.typepad.com Thanks Amy

3 comments:

twinklemom said...

*Hugs* How wonderful...The photos are such a gorgeous reminder of God's reward to us.

I think something we forget in our walk with God, is that He doesn't promise us a trouble-free life but that the trials and tribulations we face aren't meant to suppress us because God is good on His promises to us; Instead, the trials and tribulations are needed to help us grow and mature in our Christian walk, without it, we risk growing stale and dead.

Through them, we are able to develop the strength and godly character that we are called as Christians to have.

And the best part...We already have victory over our trials and tribulations through Jesus Christ.

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him" (James 1:2-4,12).

Heather said...

So true! Wonderful post! Thanks, I needed that. ;o)

Carrie said...

Very thoughtful post. May God continue to bless you.