Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Dog Days of Summer feat swimming with the fish's by Marc Jedel Excerpt



Read an excerpt . . . 

Annoyed that my big news wasn’t a surprise, my eyes narrowed at his lack of emotion. Then I saw his eyes flick up from Daisy to look for my reaction and I knew he was teasing me.

Playing along, I stomped my foot. “Stop it. You don’t get to steal my thunder.”

“Sorry. I heard about it from—”

“Nope,” I interrupted. “You broke the rule. I get the best gossip in Jenkins, not Johnny Newcomer.”

He cocked his head and smiled. “Johnny’s new to town. How would he know that’s the rule?”

“Because I make all the rules, silly,” I answered. Then I stepped close and kissed him to soften the blow of this revelation, which really couldn’t have been a surprise by this point in our relationship. I caressed his smooth cheek. “You are really cute in that blazer.”

I sat down next to him to pull on my dress cowboy boots. “Now, Mr. Hot Shot Gossip Guy, go change again. This time into that blue silk shirt and your black jeans. This isn’t a blazer kind of event.”  

Visit Dog Days of Summer 

at

                   

My Reading Journeys!  

Click Here  



No comments: