Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Happy Homemaker In Texas

 Hello. Welcome to the blog and my regular Saturday feature.

Always joining Sandra on Monday for Happy Homemaker.

Here's the prompts . . .

The weather... Spring in Texas. Gorgeous. Sometimes a light sweater in the morning.  Sometimes shorts in the afternoon.  

It's planting time! 

On the breakfast plate...We hard Pork Chops last night. I saved two for breakfast.  We will have a Chop, a Biscuit and Gravy and a Fried Egg 

The 'To Do' List... Today feed Daughters dog Morning and Evening 


Go to Walmart for plants. I hope I can find Canna bulbs and some seeds.

Plant and mow. 

On Monday take our 12 y.o. grandson to Half Price Books and Happy Hour at Sonic.

The week ... Getting a new Love Seat Recliner on Monday.  Still shopping for a complimenting Love Seat and t.v. stand. We are changing from the glass shelves. 

Clean the greenhouse. So I can start enjoying my reading spot again. 

Post Reviews on retail sites and Good Reads

On my reading pile ...




And this one ...

I am reading now...

On the T.V. Yes!!... Most evenings now we watch a show I want to watch. It's a long story.  And this one the Cowboy likes.  Actually he likes most of the shows I do but he tends to control the remote. 

He is seeing now how frustrated and how I have been struggling so he is making an effort. 

My new favorite show is The Lost Kitchen on Discovery plus...

The You Tube trailer is over Here

In the garden...I was glad last week to get Purple Lantana. I planted one in the front and one on the edge of the veggie garden. 

I have Peas growing in the greenhouse I need to get them in the ground. 

 I will be finishing bed prep for the Green Beans after taking out the Broccoli and Cabbage. 

 

In the studio... I will write a post on Sunday but here is a peek of the Green Junk Journal page I just finished 



Filled with lots of Green.

For myself...I have been really struggling alot lately managing the house and  the Cowboy's needs. I talked to him about helping me more.

Tonight (Saturday) he is going to cook dinner. And hopefully clean up! 

I am also going to ask our daughter if our grandson can come over on Monday and help me a couple hours.  

I actually think these plans will be positive for all of us.  

I'll keep you posted

On the menu...

This week including Saturday and Sunday since the Cowboy is cooking tonight 

Saturday-- Pan Seared Sword Fish, Grilled Squash and Zucchini, Pasta Salad

Sunday-- Memories of MaMa a Pot Roast, Potatoes and Carrots 

Monday -- Seafood Boil w/Corn and New Potatoes this time I am planning only putting in one ear if Corn to flavor the boil and make a side of Mexican Corn

Tuesday--It's that day with a twist.  I found a recipe to try. 


Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza the recipe is over Here

Wednesday-- Author Ellen Byron's Easy Lasagne from this book 


Thursday -- C.O.R.N in an effort use leftover planning a Clean Out Refrigerator Night 

Friday -- Kielbasa, Garden Cabbage, Southern Fried Potatoes

From the camera 

One from an older post.  I am planning a Spring Tea Party so I was looking at past posts. 

Scripture/Devo. 


Source.  

Thanks for joining me!

Don't forget to go by Sandra's 


Linking at the regular parties the links are below the post. 

Have a beautiful week! 





3 comments:

Luludou said...

Spring tea party - love it!
No flowers here yet... still a little snow on the ground and cold and windy. How lovely to have a reading spot in a greenhouse.

Have a great week

Jodi said...

Junk journals are fun! I have yet to log into discovery plus.... maybe this weekend I can get around to it. Have a great week!

Jean said...

Discovery plus is the next streaming service I'd like to check out. Maybe when our HBO month runs out (I caved and payed for a month of it after the free trial. Too many streaming services any more). Hooray for spring and planting flowers and a garden. Happy Easter!