Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Happy Homemaker In Texas

 


Good Morning and Welcome to Happy Homemaker in Texas where we are thawing out  and getting things back to normal.  

At least we are trying

We have power and water but we are still on a Boil Water Order. 

That has been the biggest challenge for me.  We never lost power so we have been warm.

 But unable to shower or wash clothes.  Washing dishes is the biggest challenge.  You all know how I cook.  And that hasn't changed.  

We are not in a position to buy paper goods or bottled water so I have to boil the water. 

The other challenge is finding food.  We went to the store 3 times for Chicken. We finally found some yesterday.  

Well that's what going on my Mantra has been . . .


 And now time for Happy Homemaker

The weather . . . 
Well we are expecting a heat wave!  

Outside my window. . .
Patches of ❄️ Snow and puddles from the melting.  

What I am wearing. . .
Leggings and a camo.  The Cowboy keeps the house warm.  I have socks, and a long sleeve T-shirt by my coat and boots ready for the next romp. 

The To Do List . . .
Wow it's a long one!
. Sweep and clean up hearth
.Sweep front porch our son in law brought us firewood.  It was on one of the rainy days so it sat on the porch a few days.
. The green house is a mess.  I need to sweep and get the floor clean.  We go through the greenhouse to go outside.
.We planned to store the Santa's and The Christmas Moose collection in our Master closet which is huge I hope to get all the 
Santa's back into boxes and on to the shelves.  We will store Mooses on top.

. Dr. Appointment and go to Mexican Market.

.I do not have a pantry.  I have three cabinets that hold food. I need to clean out and organize them. 
1 holds Pasta, canned soup, Applesauce and Peanut Butter and crackers. I plan to clean it and organize this week. 
#2 holds canned Veggies, canned Chili, extra sauces and Dressings.  It isn't the stove so I keep S&P and Olive Oil and Sprays there too.
The last #3 is where I store Tea, Cake, Muffin mixes, Pancake Mixes, Bisquick and other things or baking.  
#3 will be a major job! 

. I need to mail my Junk Journal SWAPs and Happy Mail SWAP.  
And  
.Do something fun for 'Me'

On the menu . . .
Not sure how my menu will turn out.  We only have Ground Beef and Pork Cutlets and  a bit of Ham in the freezer.

Monday 
Pan Fried Pork Cutlets, Southern Style Green Beans and Fried Potatoes and Onions 

Tuesday
Mixed Dry Beans with Ham and Cornbread 

Wednesday
Mom's (his) Fried Rice and an Egg Roll if they have some at the store and I need Carrots too. Haven't found any on my 3 trys.

Thursday 
Dr. Appointment day either we will eat out or 
I'll bake Potatoes 

Friday 
Whatever I find at the Mexican Market 

In the studio . . . 
I got the sweetest mail on Friday.  We had no mail all week.  And no trash pick up. 
A FB friend that I send prayer pockets to did a Live Junk Journal/Women of the Bible study for Feb.  She kindly sent me all the printables because she knows I can't print! 

So sweet.  This week I will be gathering a few supplies to send her as a Thank you!

I joined a new group that was doing  a Journal A Long for February. 

On My Reading Pile . . . 


I'll be finishing up for tours and Release days for the next couple weeks.  

On the Road @  My Reading Journeys . . . 


Finished up Hanging out with Debra Parmley in Tennessee. 



The next stop will be. . .


In a couple weeks. 

On the t.v.

We watched this movie last night.  I had never seen it.  It was really good!

For myself this week 

I will . . . 

Go to Half Price Books and look for Gardening books and books with pictures I can use in my junk Journals.

And maybe I will go to the library.

From the camera . . .  


Waiting on for spring.  A hot from last spring.

Scripture/Devo . . .


Thanks for stopping by 

Have a great week 





Linking at the parties 

Now on Mondays



 









7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so happy that you never lost power and have to deal with burst pipes. Hopefully, boiling water will end soon and your grocery store shelves will be restocked.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Glad you have power. Hopefully you'll have water soon too. I heard the grocery stores have limited supplies in your area. Hopefully the stores will be restocked soon.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad you're thawing out and getting back to normal. Hopefully by next week everything will truly be fully stocked and available. That movie scared me so much as a kid when I saw it, but not as much as The Birds - a true classic of Alfred Hitchcock. Have a WONDERFUL week.

Jean said...

Glad you have power. Hopefully, the water situation works out soon so you don't have to boil it any longer. Hope things continue to improve and you have a great week!

Jodi said...

I hope the water situation gets back to normal soon for you all!! Happy Monday!

Felicia said...

We had to build water just for a day here and I can’t imagine dealing with it longer and not losing my mind. At least the weather is shaping up to be a bit better. This southern girl doesn’t like below freezing at all. I was shocked at how bare our stores were here in Louisiana, I get the why but it was still weird to see. We were able to get a few groceries but no meat, bread, or eggs. I’m hoping there’s some in stock when I go this weekend to get my grandpa and mom some groceries.

Hope y’all have a great week and get water back to normal soon.

Luludou said...

Oh my the storms were hard in Texas. Glad you still have power and hoping the shops get back to normal soon and that the water situation gets resolved.

Have a great week