Pages

Friday, February 12, 2021

Foodie Friday

 Welcome to Foodie Friday

Foodie Friday is the day I share the meals I've served and in this weeks case the 

Kitchen Failure 



I had high hopes on Tuesday when I put on my apron and set out to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cupcakes . . .



My plan was to use the mix and make half Pineapple and half plain with Chocolate Chip.  I added  a pouch of  Pineapple/Applesauce to the mix. 

I put a bit of Pineapple that was left  from Pork Stir Fry along with Brown Sugar in the bottom of the cup cake liners. And if course a Cherry.  And filled.  

They tasted good 

Good thing I have no plans to open a bakery!



The Chocolate Chips were Unicorn chips so they had Vanilla and swirls of Pink and Lavender.  Melted they  look like Blueberry.

The Pineapple tasted o.k. but not the 'look" I was going for.  

I think the cake was too light.  The batter was very fluffy.  

And so that was my failure.  At least in the baking department.  I think most of the dinner plates kept me from being  . . . 
Chopped
We had a large Steak. I served with Southern Fried Cabbage and Potatoes.  I love Fried Potatoes!
Not sure the name of this dish.  I cooked Mushrooms.  Browned Chicken in the pan and deglazed with White Wine and made a sauce.  I cooked the Spinach from the garden! Yea me!  In the sauce. 
Served the Chicken and Mushrooms over Stuffing.
A make do lunch.  No buns but the sliced Bread worked for a Chili Dog.  Reminded me of Saturday lunches with my daddy.  He ate Hot Dogs with Mayo on White Bread.  Always sounded 'Ick' to me. 

Last night the Cowboy was in his study listening to music.  I heard him singing and went in and found him like this!  I think he was trying to get my attention.  

He was patiently waiting for this . . . 
Actually another near failure.  I just can't consistently make a good pot of Pintos.


A few days ago before it got so cold I made Tuna Salad.  I wanted to finish the leftover Pasta Salad. 

The Plate I served the Cowboy . . .
This is how much he ate.  It wasn't a good day.

Pork Fried Rice this is the Cowboy's plate
I fried Kale and topped mine with the Kale.  The Cowboy declined.
A super easy meal . . .

And one the Cowboy really likes.  No left overs!
I think I managed an almost perfect Egg.  

Ending on a good note
 I hope your week was great!

Enjoy your weekend!




Linking at the parties


1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom's baking rarely looks like the pretty pictures they're supposed to look like but it's all about the taste in our opinion! BTW, your foodables look darn good to us! Happy Friday!