Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A New Project-A New Kind Of Sewing For Me-Junk Journal Part 3

Hello
 How is your week going? I have to admit I enjoy this staying at home.  It gives me the chance to do this . . . 

It's a different kind of sewing for me though.  I normally sew pieces of fabric that have beep precisely ct (I hope) into warm and cozy quilts.  I love making quilts.  But that 'art' is on the back burner because I have a new 'love' Junk Journals.  
And so I am learning to sew on paper.  When your sewing fabric together you use straight pins.  But if you use them on paper you end up with holes.  So I have been using this pretty little purple masking tape I got a Target a couple of years ago.  It is removeable and holds this length of lace just taut and smooth enough to sew. 
Here's a shot of my sweet little machine with masking tape stuck to her.  In the background on the right you can see Junk Journal 
pages that I have stitched around waiting to be embellished more. 
Also there is my little pin cushion sadly watching the process and wondering when it gets to join the party again!
And here I am stitching to the end.  

Are you crafting while you 'stayin' in?

As I said at the beginning of this post for me this isn't a hardship at least the 'stayin'  part.  

I am struggling with not being able to go to the craft store.  I am almost out of the special glue that I use.  May have to be experimenting with other types.  

We are out of eggs so a trip to the grocery store is in order.  At least I can get some Elmer's there. 

Off to get the essentials
Eggs and Elmers

Have a Blessed Day



No comments: