Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Junk Journal Part 2- "Dream" Ephemera

Hello and Welcome. I am glad your here today to start a new series with me.  Actually this post is part 2.  I began talking about Junk Journals here
One of the pics from part 1.

In that post I shared about dyeing paper.  I have dyed papers with lots of different things.  
Alot of people use coffee and tea to get the vintage'y' aged look.  I have not been real successful with that process it just doesn't come out the way I like.  

Today I am showing you a Tag that I made to go into a Junk Journal.  I think it is going in the Flower Theme Journal I am working on. 
I started by layering different pieces of paper.  Some are torn and some are cut.  This is a hard process for me.  But I love it.  I think it is hard because of my quilting background.  I want everything to fit and look right.  But that is not really the point here.  The point is just to layer up paper for a background. The paper in the center between the ledger and the green on the edge has some texture and I put some gold'ish' color wash on it to add some shimmer
Here is the finished piece.  On the right is an old ledger page.  I placed it where the 161 was at the top of the tag.  I just thought it looked cool.  I wanted a better pic of the 'Dream' so you could see it better.  I will add another pic later.  It is sitting on an additional layered surface. I also added lace.  The paper it is sitting in is wrapped with gold and white 'eyelash' trim. 
A close up of the chipboard flowers I added.  In hind sight I might should have put lace under them to add interest.  I might go back and change it.  

I left the back of the tag just plan but I added a little envelope that has a space for a little note.  I'll add a closure to it.  Still thinking on that.  

For the rest of this week I'll be hopefully sharing two posts each day.  I have a book series that I promised to promote that I need to get done before the end of the month.  
I think you'll enjoy it!

Have A Blessed Day!


No comments: