Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Family Supper-St. Patrick's Day Edition




Welcome.  I am glad you came by.  Today I am sharing my 
dinner plans and tablescape for St. Patrick's Day

  Image result for st. patricks day post dividers
I/we don't normal celebrate St. Patrick's Day 
but this year I had some inspiration.  
Image result for st. patricks day post dividers
I always laugh because The Cowboy always says it's the holiday when everybody wants to be Irish.

I mentioned my inspiration.  It began with a post that was linked 
at The Fabulous Party.  A new recipe I wanted to try . . . 
Simple Bangers and Mash - browned sausages served over mashed potatoes and covered in a savory onion gravy.
This recipe for traditional Bangers and Mash 
looked so yummy.

Simple Bangers and Mash - browned sausages served over mashed potatoes and covered in a savory onion gravy.

I am not sure mine will look so good!  Go over here to Robin's blog for the recipe.  She is really Irish so I am sure the 
recipe is wonderful!   

And now for the table I decorated for a Cozy Meal for two. 
As I said we aren't Irish but I did celebrate our families with this 
table including things from my mother and mother in law. 
Simple Table Setting
I started with my simple white dinner plates
I used the fork and spoon from my mothers set. 
This is the flatware I grew up with. 
The knife is the set my kids grew up with.  
The napkins were my Mother In Laws.
Image result for st. patricks day post dividers


I added more green with my plates from Pier One
Image result for st. patricks day post dividers
The glassware and the little green dish were my mothers
        

To make the table more festive I added a scarf, garland and 
shamrocks from Dollar Tree.  A whole 3 bucks spent!
Image result for st. patricks day post dividers
I am thinking I'll call this a Festive, Thrifty, Vintage Table 
filled with memories and a place for new memories too!



No comments: