Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Sewing Room Plans for the New Year


I have a few goals for the sewing room this year.  I found this wonderful party to share my ideas and plans and journal my process and progress.

At the top of the list
Organize my sewing room and storage spaces!
We moved in Oct.  This week I got shelving.

 Here are the rest of my plans in random order.  
  •  Make a Christmas tree quilt like this one 

Patchwork Tree Quilt Block Tutorial by Amy Smart | Diary of a Quilter:  or maybe this one THE cutest tree quilt, using free tutorial from Diary of a Quilter and a fabric kit from Stitch Supply Co. See this Instagram photo by @kelbysews • 1,080 likes:
I have had the traditional one on my Pinterest board for two years.
I just found this bright one a couple of days ago.  I love them both. Maybe I'll make both!  I'll be using a super simple paper  piecing method so they will stitch up fast!  I have a lot of ideas on my Pinterest board.  It's over here. There are pillows and stockings too. 
  • I also want to join a few link parties.  I love the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each month a different color is chosen and you make a project using the specified color.  It's a great way to focus and get some things made.  Kind of like taking a class and having to do a show and tell!  The party is over here
  • I have too many WIP's to count.  I hope to finish some.  I have a Piecemakers 2 actually calendar quilt to finish.  Both are mostly done.  I have them put back because I was waiting to quilt them myself.  Needed some practise.  Image result for piecemakers calendar quilts This is the one I hope to finish.  All the main applique is done.  I am not putting the pieced sun in the top and I probably won't do the corners like the photo.  I am planning on doing free motion quilting on each section.  I've never done a large fmq before and I think sections will be easier.  
  • I pieced a quilt in the Fall it's ready to be quilted.  It will be fast.  Just simple straight lines.T: The first three rows.  This was so fun to piece.   It's meant to be a pumpkin patch at night.  I added a few greens for the leaves.  The blacks have a lot of glittery stars.  I will quilt in black just simple lines randomly spaced.  Amazingly all these fabrics were in my stash.  I just cut random width strips.   I set the rows staggered so there was no matching.  
I have a list of quilts and throws that I want to make this year...
I also want to make a Christmas throw for the couch.  The tree I mentioned earlier I hope to hang on a wall. 

I want make a fall themed  throw for my green house room.

I do have some big plans this year.  I hope to have the time and the energy to pull off at least a few of my plans.  

I better get busy!  Starting on Monday I'll be sharing more quilt theme posts here.  Leading up to my annual 12 Hours of Quilts on New Years Eve.  

I hope you'll come by all week and spend some time with me on New Years Day I just might be featuring your quilt!

I'm going to sit down and rest awhile and think about all my plans!

Merry Christmas
please visit Our Holiday Journey and enter the giveaway!
Click Here



No comments: