Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Wit and Wisdom Wednesday

                      Joining Linda Kaye for Wit and Wisdom . . . A  story behind a photo.
                          Please be advised this story is fiction taken from true experiences
          
                          
I was sure by now that you would have reached down and wiped my tears away.  Stepped in and saved the day. . . 
But yet I wipe my tears and move on.  Over and over.  Again and again.

The paper says it's over.  The ink is dry.  But is it really over?

 There are days I go to work and I hear a car driving down the road and I fear 'It's him."  In fear I scan the area.  My God.  There are 6 kids here.  What do I do?  How do I keep them safe?  How do I stay safe.

I pray again.  Again.

And I realize I am safe.  Finally.  It is over.  But not really.  It's a piece of paper.

It declares I am no longer his wife.  I should feel safe.  I should feel relief.  And I do in my head?

        But then I remember on Saturday it starts all over again.  My baby has to see his daddy.

Although  the above short story is fiction.  It is based on true events and feelings. 
For the last 8 years my daughter has lived in constant fear.  It isn't a misplaced feeling.  She
has plenty of reason to fear.  

For the last 8 years I along with My Cowboy have lived in fear.  And many times we prayed hoping that God would step in and save the day.  In his time he has taken care of our family. 
God's timing is not ours.  

I wonder why?  Why do you give him so many chances?  But it isn't for me to question.  He does. 
I can only think in my head.  Not so much in my heart.  That there is a reason for all this.  

Some way.  Some how.  She grows.  She is stronger.  And slowly but surely God begins to use her.
She shares her story.  She helps others to have faith.  To trust.

. . .Lyrics from Praise You In The Storm by Casting Crowns.
Linking with Linda Kaye for Wit and Wisdom.  Click here.




                 




                                      

No comments: