Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that our God is all knowing. He knows when I hurt. He gives me peace. He gives me direction. I just have to wait and listen for his word.

Yesterday we received some news that we weren't expecting. It came out of left field and has left us discouraged, scared, confused and saddened.

We each seperately are wondering how much worse can it get?

We are each praising God that today we have some place to live but tomorrow may be a different story.

We lost the corporate funding that provides for our programs and our salary. When I say salary I mean it pays for our rent and utilities and gas money.

Without this funding we cannot move. We can't even find a place to live withouth being able to show a means of support.

Today I am praying this verse:
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him and he delivers them. I am asking God to deliver us. I am asking God to give us a miracle.

It is confusing. For the last 7 years we have been in fulltime ministry. We have thought we were serving God faithfully.

The last few months have seemed to have been the best because we began chapel services.
This past Sunday 4 boys accepted Christ. 5 boys rededicated thier lives. And 2 boys said that they weren't ready. One of them asked that we pray that he would be able to pray "the" pray one day soon!

So it is confusing that as everything seems to be going so good how things can go so wrong.

Today I am Thankful that even though I am feeling isolated and alone that God understands. God will provide in his time.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you. Just remember God sees and knows it all, and He will take care of you.

(((Hugs))),
Melanie

Denise said...

Sweetie, my heart hurts for you, but do not give up. God will provide, He loves you so very much.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! I will be praying for you guys. God knows. He hasn't forgotten you. I pray He reminds you of that over the next few days.

Take care my sweet friend!