Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday is hosted by Iris I always enjoy going over and visiting her on Thursday...today she spoke of change. Here is what she had to say.

"Change… we sometimes don’t like change; I know I am not a fan of change. I also know that even though I might not like the change, I can trust the Lord to see me through the transition…"
Iris

Today some changes are going on also in my life. Personally and with the ministry and I guess really they both just kind of meld together so when something goes on in one it affects the other.

I am really thankful today for the Holy Spirit. Because he goes to the father for me. Many times I am too confused or struggling with something and I just don't know how to pray. I just don't know what to say. I think most of the time it is because I feel like I am saying the same thing.

I am thankful for God's grace. Because he forever forgives me when I just keep doing the same thing over and over. Like worrying and fretting.

I am thankful for Jesus Christ because he does give me the strength that I need to deal with frustration and heartache.

I am thankful for Cowboy and his desire to trust God and that he is trying to be what God wants him to be.

And I am thankful that I get to spend so much time right now with our daughter and our grandson. I am thankful that I get to keep him during the day while my son in love and daughter are at work.

I am thankful for my Son in Love and his desire to be a husband and a father.

"What are you thankful for this week? Please do share with us by going over to Iris's and leaving your link to your blog.

And I am Thankful you stopped by today.

Before you go please let me share with you the change going on in my life. I am opening an online fabric shop. I have mentioned it a couple of times but just in case you missed the posts please keep checking in. I hope to have it all done and pretty and ready over the weekend so on Monday you can just sit in your jammies and shop and buy some awesome fabric for dresses,crafts,quilts or just anything your little heart desires. (oh and btw if you don't have really cute jammies...never fear the first piece of fabric I posted would make the prettiest set of jammies you have ever seen!)
There will be some dressmaker fabric along with some great quilt fabrics from all the famous makers. And because this is a fundraiser for our ministry and because the fabric was donated to us just for this purpose our prices are just so cheap that you won't be able to pass us the deals. Please stop in over the weekend and see the progress at the shop and if you are thinking about doing some stitchin' for the holidays check us out before you go out to the super store!

I'll have some Fall themed fabric up quickly for you. Oh and did I say vintage. Yes there is some vintage. I'll give you a hint. Vintage Marcus Brothers. I don't know exactly how old but possible the '60's. I bet you can't wait to get a glimpse of it!

Come by and visit and don't forget to go by Iris's. Oh one more thankful item.
I didn't get to post yesterday at all because I was crazy busy; but I am thankful
for Amy she hosts Wordfilled Wednesday and I usually use her post while I am off at the food bank. Please drop in and see her fun meme and be Blessed by the great illustrations of God's word.

Here's a photo I want to share today. It made me smile today.

If you have read my blog for a while you know that normally the sight of these does not make me smile. But today I was thinking of seeing the joy on a childs face when he/she sees these and then learns to blow them all across the yard. Only to leave the lovely little seeds...oh forget that part just concentrate on the smiles of a child.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

What a fun ministry! I pray you are blessed abundantly! Thanks for sharing with us on TT!

Blessings to you my friend!

Front Porch Legacy said...

Such a lovely Thankful Thursday post; and good luck in your new endeavor. If I knew how to sew, I'd be right there with you!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I can't wait to see your new fabric shop.