Pages

Monday, October 17, 2022

Happy Homemaker in Texas

 


The Weather 

It was 59 and windy earlier.  It is supposed to rain today and tomorrow.  Then sun the rest of the week.  Mostly lows M.T.W. upper 50's.  Then warming again for the weekend.  Low 70s to mid 80's. 


As I look out my window 

Listening to the wind this morning.  I am sure there is rain somewhere. 

Right now 

Realizing how behind I am.  I usually write this post on Saturday! 

Thinking and Pondering

All I have to do.  The house.  The Cowboy.  The dogs.  My book review business.  And now I am helping a FB group that was struggling because the founder needed a break.  

How I am feeling  

Other than a bit of a sore throat from seasonal allergies pretty darn good! 

On the breakfast plate  

I have such a hard time pleasing him with his Eggs.  I thought this one was overcooked.  He thought it was great!  Probably because he thought he got 3 pieces of Bacon when really it was 1 1/2. 

On the dinner plate 

He asked for Shrimp Scampi.  A little lite on Garlic.  I only had 2 small cloves.  

What I am wearing 

An old worn out Tshirt and black shorts.  I am only hanging around inside.  We will go out to Kroger later I will change to a shirt with no holes. 


On my reading pile 


Can't wait to get them all done so I can read this! 



On my TV this week  

The Castle in Waco Chip & Jo Anna are doing.  Can't thing of the name of their show! 

He's been into movies.  Indiana Jones the last few nights. 

On the menu  

Monday His moms Fried Rice.  She used Ground Beef.  I will use Bison. With Asparagus on the side.  I have handful that needs to be cooked. 

Tuesday Pot Roast, Potatoes and Carrots, Green Beans and Biscuits 

Wednesday Flounder with Jalapeno Cream Sauce over Spanish Rice and Guacamole 

Thursday Fried Chicken Wings and Fruit

Friday Tempura Shrimp & Veggies, Avacado Toast

Looking around the house   It feels bare at the moment.  I moved the big rocker to see where it fits for Christmas. 


 The rug is rolled up because Domino was sick last night. (hoping she just gobbled her food) , 5 dog toys in a pile on the floor.  And the   t v on mute (that goodness).  He never turns it off .  This morning an it is Storage Wars over and over.  Followed by Repo people!  Thank goodness for mute. 

The chair is here now . . . 


Last week I mentioned moving the plants and mother's sewing machine cabinet . . . 

Now I have a writing space for my Scripture Journaling.  And my planning. 

The To Do List  

Today I need to . . . 

Wash dishes

Put away dry laundry.  I washed yesterday.  (I hang to dry.) 

Crochet 

Go to Kroger out of Dr. Pepper and Chicken for Dogs 

Wash dog bowls and mop kitchen floor. 

On Wednesday do Walmart order and have delivered.  It is easier having them carry 40 cans of veg,  10 # Rice , 5# Bag of Potatoes, 2# Carrots, Canned Soup, Canned Chicken and Dumplings, Canned Corn Beef Hash, and whatever else I think of. 

From the camera  

The other day I was washing dishes.  I had planned to read when I was done.  So I got the book out and put it on the chair. 

I turned around and found 

this . . . 

Ever tried to move a 45# dog just an inch or two to take a picture of the book she is laying on? 


Devotional 


I am doing Coffee break every day at 10 in the Facebook group. 

So that's what I am up too and a few plans.   These were all Sandra's prompts. 


I am linking to her party.  It's over Here  The Fabulous Party. . .


It's over Here

 And all the regular parties.  The list is below. 


Have a great week! 









8 comments:

Julieann said...

Hi Sherry, I enjoyed my visit here on your blog. Your sweet doggie sitting on your book and the look on her face made me giggle. Our pets are so precious beyond measure!!
You are busy with all you are taking care of. The pictures of meals looked delightful.
Have a wonderful Monday.
xo
Julieann

Jean said...

That breakfast looks so good. I love fried eggs and bacon, it was a specialty my late dad used to make. Hope you have a great week!

Luludou said...

Need to move furniture for Christmas too. Have a great week with the cowboy

Jackie See said...

What a beautiful fur baby! Sounds like you are busy! Thank you for sharing your ideas and menu. I am always excited to read what others have planned for meals. After 25 years of cooking every day, I am wanting to try some new stuff. YOu have given me some ideas!

Jodi said...

Oh that breakfast plate looks yummy! Cute pup!! Have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'll be moving furniture next week for Christmas also. Had to laugh at moving the dog, and yes I have :D Used to pull the bed around with the 90 pound lab on it when I was cleaning and he refused to give up his nap time. I hope you have a GREAT week.

GranthamLynn said...

Thanks for coming by. I enjoyed writing the HHM posts. Have a great week.

Monique G. said...

Haha...I love the dog photo. My 60 pound lab is the same way. She follows me everywhere and always seems to sit on items I need. Hope you have a great week!