Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Happy Homemaker in Texas

 


The weather . . . I used to always say Spring Time in Texas.  But Fall on Galveston Island is Just Dreamy! 

Beautiful Sun.  A bit of rain 🌧️ every few days.  

As long as no tropical storms head this way Galveston is a beautiful place. 

This week it is expected to get back into the 90's a few days.  But the breeze keeps it cool. 


Outside my window . . . Quiet.

It is so peaceful early on Saturday morning.  Around mid morning I begin hearing golf carts whiz by! 

Some with loud music.  Gives me a festive feeling. 


Right now I am . . . Enjoying the day.  Feet up in recliner drinking water. 


Thinking and Pondering . . . Plans to do our  2 annual search for festive homes . . . 


How I am feeling . . . Today I am jazzed.  I had a couple bad days this week.  It was frustrating not being able to get my link party going.  Then the Cowboy was feeling bad and lied about.  We went to eat  Chinese for lunch. He got a cup of soup and then watched me eat 1/4 of my meal.  I got a box to take it home.  At least I didn't have to cook dinner. 

 I was really down and defeated.  

Frustrations with try to promote books and authors.   

Lola was sick a couple days.  Having accidents in the house.  Thankfully she goes to same spot and we have no carpet!

Called my sister to talk.  She was busy.  Called a friend at like 9 p.m. she was busy watching movie. (I rarely call people and never at 9 pm) 

Last night the Cowboy was in better spirits and talked to me.   I felt better and slept better. 

This morning an author friend made my day by featuring me as Author Ally!  This made my day.  

One member of the Facebook group I am mentoring signed up for the October project. 

God spoke to me and gave me a renewed spirit. 


On the breakfast plate 

French Toast from Artisan Bread.  I will add a spoon of Powdered Sugar. 


On the dinner plate 

Lots of red meat per doctors orders.  The Cowboy needs more Iron. 

What I am wearing...  Sorry Sandra tired of saying the same ole same ole! 

What I want to wear  

I want these super cute flowy pants.  And some cool summer dresses. 

On my reading pile 





On the TV 

Mostly the Cowboy watches his shows.   Occasionally we find a home or food show we haven't seen. 

On the menu  

When we talked last night we agreed I work better with a plan.  

I think no plans the last several weeks added to my frustrations. 

Here's the plan . . . 

Sunday 

Crockpot Mexican Pot Roast w/ Green Chili's and Spanish Rice 


Monday 

L/O Roast, Homemade Mac/Cheese Spinach 


Tuesday 

The Cowboys Choice 

Tacos It is Tuesday after all 

Or Chili Rellenos 


Wednesday 

Fresh Catch the Cowboy has a doctor appointment.  We will stop at fish market then go to grocery store for sides


Thursday 

White Bean and Potato Soup 

BLT (with Spinach) 

Friday

We bought Strip Steak last week.  Even after marinating, cooking in a hot iron skillet and filling the house with smoke it was still barely edible.  I will be searching for a recipe.  

Maybe Fajitas or an Oriental Pepper Steak.   Maybe cube it and make Green Chili my Stew 

Saturday  

Leftover Bean Soup and Cornbread


Looking around the house  Finished a few Fall touches.  Moved some furniture so I can move mother's sewing machine cabinet into living room.   It will sit behind the couch.  I will use it as writing space and a place display some of my Christmas things. 

From the camera 

Stacks of crochet.  I am loving this project. 

The Cowboy decided he wanted to drink Coffee.  I set up a Coffee bar in the bathroom.  Crazy huh?  We have this huge counter and 1 sink.  It was logical.  The kitchen is small. 


Devotional 



I wish I could say I am linking at the Fabulous Party and invite you over but InLinkz is having some issues.  I have put in several help tickets and I am still waiting for a response 



Linking with my Sandra 

and the 

regular parties


The list is below 




MONDAY 

Inspire Me Monday

Love Your Creativity Link Party

Busy Monday

 Handmade Monday

You Are The Star Blog Hop

Metamorphosis Monday

Craftastic Monday Link Party

Welcome to the Really Crafty Link Party 



TUESDAY

Inspire Me Tuesdays

Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party 

Making A Home 

 All About Home Party co-host
Click Here

Tuesdays with a Twist

Tuesday Turn About Link Party 

Karins Kottage Link Party 

Talent Sharing Tuesday Link Up 



 WEDNESDAY

 Team Creative Crafts 

Oh My Heartsie Wonderful Wednesdays

Beautifully Made Link Party

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesday

  Homestead Blog Hop 

 

  THURSDAY

Vintage Charm

Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party

 Encouraging Hearts and Home Party

Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 

Grace at Home Party 

Crafty Creators Link Party 

Create Bake Grow & Gather






3 comments:

Jodi said...

Your breakfast looks so yummy! I have been craving french toast like no tomorrow! Cute crochet pic! Have a great week!

Luludou said...

Good idea for the coffee bar, you put it where you can! Glad the week is better. Have a great week

Jean said...

Glad you are feeling better. Those pants are really cute. Hope you have a wonderful week!