Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Tara Lush Recipe Great Escapes Book Tour



I’ve done a lot in the name of research for the Coffee Lover’s Mystery series, and specificially for my latest book, COLD BREW CORPSE.

Namely, I’ve downed a lot of coffee. I’ve gone on coffee tours, read about coffee, tasted a multitude of beans, and learned about different methods of brewing.

But in the end, I’m a pretty basic coffee girl. I like a good iced coffee, adore cold brew, and drink Starbucks on the regular. If I were to meet my main character Lana Lewis, she’d probably give me the side-eye for ordering sweet and flavored coffee instead of a plain cup of espresso.

This winter, I’ve enjoyed a new Starbucks drink, the Sugar Cookie Almond Latte. I’ve also been experimenting with how to replicate it at home, because I know that eventually it will disappear from the menu because it’s a seasonal offering.

Here’s the recipe I’ve been playing with for the last month! Hope you enjoy it with a copy of COLD BREW CORPSE.


INGREDIENTS



¼ cup water

2 tbs brown sugar

¼ cup granulated sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

½ tsp almond extract

1 cup cold coffee. I brew my own cold brew, or you can buy premade cold brew—I enjoy Stok brand, which can be found in most large grocery stores. You can also use espresso if you make that at home.

3/4 cup almond milk

Ice

Sprinkles (optional)

 


INSTRUCTIONS


 


Place the first five ingredients in a saucepan and heat on medium until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. This will make more flavoring than you need for one cup, so store in an airtight jar.


 


Pour the cold coffee over ice. If you’re using expresso, use one shot. Add milk. Then place 2-4 tablespoons of the sugar mixs0sture into the drink (use more or less, lß on your personal taste). Stir and top with sprinkles. Enjoy with a good book!


 

Visit the tour 

Click Here

 

2 comments:

Stormy Vixen said...

Congratulations on your recent release of Cold Brew Corpse, Tara, I enjoyed following the tour and learning about your book, which sounds like an excellent mystery for me and the recipe sounds great too! Good luck with your book and I hope the tour was a success! Thanks for sharing it with me and have a spectacular week!

Celticlady's Reviews said...

Good luck with the book and tour! Thanks for the recipe!