Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Welcome to a new week almost. 
 On Saturday I write my post for Happy Homemaker Monday.  Because well I am a Rebel and I like to get a jump on the week!

Sandra provides prompts
I add a few of my own

The weather (Sandra's)
Still beautiful Fall weather.  We did have heavy rains last week and a tornado in Dallas 30 miles away.  We lost half of the big tree in the back yard.  This time it was the back half so it missed the green house and narrowly missed the fence.  It took out 1 of our heaters and the lawn chairs. 
Today it is sunny and in the 70's

Outside my window (Sandra's)
Ball games at the school dogs and people walking down our side walk.  Our dogs love it!

On the breakfast plate (Sandra's)
The luncheon plate today.  Got slow start
Chicken Spaghetti our daughter shared.  The Cowboy does not like it. Silly man.  She had gotten a huge pan from one of her students mom.  She shared.  Yea me!

On the To Do List For The Week
Move things around in my crafting room getting ready for new computer space
Finish November Birthday Cards
Bake a cake today
Straighten and clean my cookbook shelves
Delete pics from phone and tablet
My Ta Da Moment
Finished and mailed project for SWAPs that I was behind on.
Finished and mailed  birthday cards for October
Mailed my sister a bit of candy and card.

On the menu
When my grandson was really little if he didn't eat his meal it was re-offered at the next meal. (don't judge)  That is what this weeks menu may consist of.  What I didn't cook last week!
Monday
Spaghetti, Green Beans and Bread
Tuesday
Pork Chops Stuffing, Green Peas
Wednesday
Steak, Homemade Mac/Cheese, Okra
Thursday
Tuna Casserole, Green Peas, Bread
Friday
Pinto's and Corn Bread

Last weeks menu what worked/what didn't
It was totally a bust.  Had Chineese one night I ordered Fried expecting two meals it was awful didn't even finish it.  
We had soup and egg rolls too. 
Monday Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
Tuesday  Pork Chops, Stuffing, Green Peas
Wednesday Steak, Salad, Onion Rings
Thursday Soup the Beef Veggie I didn't cook last week
Friday Tuna Casserole, Salad and Bread

My Yea Haw Moment (because I'm a cowgirl)
Yea me my sister is sending me a new computer!  I have been struggling with my computer for so long!  I am so happy. 
So that takes me to my To Do List. 

A few plans for the day
Last year my mother moved in with us before she went into a nursing facility.  And so we turned my crafting room into a psuedo bedroom again.  I lost my big shelf and had to move out the mantle. We rearranged the room and moved the computer into the Cowboys 'Man' room that has for the past year been the dogs favorite spot because that is where the computer is now and where I spend most of my time.  
Today I am re-arranging my room so I can put the new computer in there.  It will be nice having my own space again. 
I wonder what the dogs will do now?

On the reading pile
It is always a huge pile because I read, review and promote books.  There are always 5 or more waiting to be read.  
Not counting the ones on my phone and Kindle. That is part of why I am glad to get the computer back into my own space. 
Here's whats currently on my phone . . . 
 Reading this one now for a tour in December.
 

Crafting
Sewn Fraken Paper I received in a SWAP . . . 

The tear, cut and glue method I used.  I prefer this method.  The ones I make usually tell a story.  This one I used scraps from recent projects and papers I received from Europe in SWAPs.

Scripture/Devo
Image may contain: text


Linking with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday 
Click here to visit Sandra

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We have never had chicken spaghetti before. It looks yummy!

Michelle said...

Always nice to receive a new computer!

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing, great job!