Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Hello Welcome back to Happy Homemaker my weekly post with my plans for the week and a little of this and that.  
 
Sandra provides the prompts
I add a few of my own
The weather (Sandra's)
Gorgeous Fall weather.  The last couple days were cool in the morning.  A bit cloudy but sunny in the afternoon.  Today is a beautifully sunny day.  The dogs have been out all morning playing!  We love Fall.

On the breakfast plate (Sandra's)
I found the mix on sale at my Kroger on close out for $1.50.  I wanted some Bisquick type mix for the holidays.  I made the pancakes one day for my dogs and they were so yummy.  I made them the morning.  I only put butter on mine.  I didn't care for the biscuits though.  Probably won't buy again.  We really don't eat pancakes and they are simple enough to make from scratch.  But if your a pancake eater you might try this mix.

Last week's menu...What worked/What didn't (Mine)
Monday
Shiner Sausage Links, Fried Potato's, Navy Beans, Cornbread ✔
Tuesday
Pork Fried Rice, Egg Drop Soup, Egg Rolls Monday ✔
Shiner Sausage Links, Fried Potato's, Navy Beans, Cornbread
Wednesday
Mexican Skirt Steak cooked like a roast with Potato's and Carrots
lots of gravy and Tortilla's for sopping up the gravy ✔
Thursday
Chicken Caccitori, Pasta, Salad, Garlic Bread ✔
Not a keeper.  Did not like the sauce
Friday Homemade Pepperoni Pizza 
Clam Chowder, Crawfish Boil, Potatoes, Corn on Cob

This weeks menu (Sandra's)
 Monday Chicken Tortilla Soup, Cheese Enchilada's
Tuesday Vegetable Beef Soup, Crusty Bread
Wednesday Meatloaf, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans
Thursday Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup
Friday Crawfish Bisque, Crab Cakes, Salad

In the soup bowl (Mine)
I made Navy Bean Soup from Monday's leftovers.  It came out so good.  The Cowboy had some for a mid night snack.  I got a text the next morning from him tell me how good they were! He said they were 'Amazing'!

I am baking today (Mine)
I have no idea why this photo is so dark!  I am planning on making a kind of bundt cake.  Can't decide if I should use the White or Strawberry cake mix.  I want kind of want a more of a pound cake than a moist cake.  We'll see how it turns out. 
The fresh strawberries are in a little dish I found at my moothers. I wanted to photo them with the faux one.  This is a handmade velvet strawberry.  I was amazed at the detail.  I received a few and the supplies to make some more years ago from another crafter. 

On my To Do List (Sandra's)
Bake a cake today
Finish crochet flowers to mail on Monday
Finish getting out Fall 

My Ta Da Moment's (Mine)
I stayed on my menu this week. 
I blogged almost everyday

On my reading pile (Sandra's)
The Spice King (Hope and Glory)   Better Watch Out (A Merry & Bright Handcrafted Mystery Book 2)


I am reading now (Mine)
The Root of Murder (Lovers in Crime Mystery Book 4)

In the craft basket (Sandra's)
  
These are fast and easy to make.  I am including in a Happy Mail box for a SWAP.  I added tiny beads to the light pink tat is the sparkle.  I have one more darker shade of pink to make today. 

From the camera
             
My last cucumber.  1 of 4. Yes I only got 4.  Last year I made pickles. I did get a few ears of corn.  They were small and I left them too long but I was happy I got some.  Maybe next year they will be edible. 
My last cucumber.  1 of 4. Yes I only got 4.  Last year I made pickles. I did get a few ears of corn.  They were small and I left them too long but I was happy I got some.  Maybe next year they will be edible.  And the last of my Zinnia's,  They did not do well either.
There's always next year!

Scripture/Devo. (Sandra's)
Image may contain: text

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your navy bean soup looks so yummy! We love pancakes and we do make them from scratch occasionally but mom insists on making them with whole wheat flour to try to make them more healthy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.