Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

happyhomemakermonday
Welcome to a new week!
I have a few plans to share and a little of this and that . . . 

The Weather . . .Thankfully it is stayin the upper 90's.  The triple digits just wear me out!

Right Now I  Am . . .Thinking that I am glad the weather isn't getting too hot too fast!

On My Reading Pile . . .My reading pile is always pretty hefty.  I enjoy reading. Here are a few I'll be getting into soon
   Image result for as a shield by danny pelfreyA couple christian suspense 

Little Girl Gone  I'll be reading all these for reviews. 

Something fun to share . . .Last week I accidentally posted the linky for The Fabulous Party here at My Journey Back.  I think it might be fun to keep it here at least for awhile.  I've been working on a button 


I am thankful for . . . The Cowboy is seeing his mother after 8 years of estrangement.  He is hoping and praying that it will lead to a unified family.  His sister is not very open.  I know it bothered him but he never said much.  When he visited the other day his mother said 'I love you'. When he left.

In the garden . . . sadly not much.  It it getting hot. But the cucumbers are producing.  My fun test of climbing beans for a teepee is growing though.  I am hoping to get some kind of flowers this week.  My one pot of marigolds it growing nicely.
I would love to divide them and put some in the ground but I am afraid that they would die.  

On the menu this week
Monday--Fried Catfish, left over Crawfish and Shrimp (we had a boil on Sunday yum.yum.)
Tuesday--Hamburger helper Stroganoff, Fried Green Tomatoes Salad
Wednesday-- Chicken Pot Pie, Salad
Thursday -- Kid Friendly Hot Dog-Adults Grilled Steaks
Friday -- Beef Tips, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Salad

In the kitchen
 Hopefully trying a couple of new recipes this week . . . 
EASY, Wonderfully tender, Homemade Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy (without any “cream of” anything!) is richly satisfying, comforting and flavorful and the perfect make ahead meal for busy weeknights! I also love serving it for special occasions or holidays because it is so easy, make ahead and super easy to double or triple the recipe!       The Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie:  A light and flaky puff pastry crust is what makes this pot pie the ultimate. It's a great way to turn leftover chicken and veggies into a whole new and delicious dish.
found here      Hope this is as good as it looks.  The recipe is here

Fabulous Features
 Today I am welcoming my friend Fabby back.  She was always a visitor when I began the Fabulous Fall Party the last 2 years. 
She joined last week here at the party.  
Always a gorgeous table at her house.  Click here to visit.

Fabulous Feature
 
Oh so yummy. MiMi of Tray of Bliss wrote a delightful post about low cost Vacations/Holidays.  Click here to visit MiMi.

On of my simple pleasures
Memories . . . Weekend brunch.  The above photo reminds me of times back in the day when the Cowboy and I went out to breakfast on Saturday.  Those were some special memories.  

From the camera
I don't remember if I have shared this photo and tip before.
But it's actually kind of funny and silly so thought you might enjoy the smiles . . .
When peeling onions apply tape to your nose.
Devo./ Scripture
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you: Throughout this search Deep in my heart The slow dance swirls and bows. One step closer to my God One step closer to me Until we meet toe to toe - See more at: http://ourshelteringtree.blogspot.com/2012/09/near-to-his-heart.html#sthash.tocBDJvZ.dpuf
This was a lovely photo and beautiful scripture I shared on my Simple Sunday post.  I found it on pinterest but sadly the blog is no longer active.  

I hope you've enjoyed a look at my weeks plans and a little of this and that.  
I am linking with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday and a few of my other favorite parties! Click here.
And a few others . . . 
The Fabulous Party,  The Art of Homemaking, Share Your Cup ,
Create with Joy, Dagmar's Home Party, Party In Your  PJ's
Enjoy your week!

No comments: