Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tatooed Hearts Thankful Thursday

Hidden but not forgotten?  Last night I wrote briefly about the Tatooed Hearts program and how I realized as I worked with the young men that there are verses that are hidden, buried deep within me.  Verses that I have not used or thought about in a while. 
And, as I began to think about it I realized how sad I am.  I am sad to know that I have allowed activitiy and life to get between me and my Father who is the reason for all the activity and my life. 

I do have some words.  Some of his words.  Verses from the Bible hidden within my heart.  Tattooed onto my heart. 

I am thankful that with only a little encouragement those verses can pop into my head and I can remember them when I need to.  But I am rusty.  And I need practise just like those boys do. 

And I am thankful that God my Father is patient with me.  And that he gives me the ability to remember. 

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 
Praise be to you, O Lord teach me your decrees. 
With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. 
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.  I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.  I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word. 
Psalm 119:11-16

Today I am thankful that even when I neglect God he doesn't neglect me. 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Amen, so very true sis.