Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Great gift idea . . .

I just reveiwed a really great book . . .


Are you looking for a last minute gift idea? This is a wonderful devotional book by
C.D. Baker. 40 loaves includes daily readings to renew a hungry spirit. I enjoyed reading this book so much. It is a great book for mature believers as well as new believers. It is a great book to give to someone searching or asking questions.

Each chapter includes a story backed up with scripture. And ends with Food for thought which include questions for further reflection. And finally a prayer.
Here's a few of the topics:

Here’s a summary:

“Why don’t I have more faith?” I was encouraged by the idea that we shouldn't worry about not having enough faith because we should take comfort that Jesus has all the face we need.
"Why am I so confused about finding God's will?" What a great chapter and great questions to consider. Here's a couple: have I been afraid of missing God's will for my life? What is wisdom? And, how do I know when I've found it?

And in Chapter 32 a question Why am I so easily disappointed in life? This chapter ends with a prayer.

Open my eyes to see as you see;

Open my heart to expect by faith;

Open my hands to hold hope loosely;

And let my disappointments fade away in your love.

The book includes 40 short simple to read chapters based on 40 questions the author asked himself. Readers will be encouraged, challenged and invigorated. And readers will be drawn to explore thier own questions.

So now your thinking I have to have this book. Or, this would be a great gift for _______. Well I checked it out you can get it at Amazon. com.

Here's thier offer . . .

Forty Loaves: Breaking Bread with Our Father Each Day by C. D. Baker (Hardcover - Oct 6, 2009)
Buy new:$10.19
Get it by Friday, Dec 18 if you order in the next 22 hours and choose one-day shipping.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=40+loaves

It's not too late to order.

It is also available at Barnes and Noble.

You can also purchase from: RandomHouse.com

I really enjoyed reading this book and I would like to thank WaterBrook Multnomah
Publishing Group.