Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Merry . . .

Giving you just a little glimpse of my decorating and a family tradition. . .




Totally not done. But you can see a tiny corner of my table set for a meal with the family.
When our daughter was 8 and our son 10 I stumbled onto some sets of Christmas dishes at Sam's Club. Little did I know what I was getting into. They were Spode Christmas Tree. I had no idea what I was buying. If I did I would have bought the entire stock! They were cheap. They were there two years in a row and I bought two sets for each kid so they each have a serving of 8. We used them every year beginning on December 1st. Each year I bought a different serving piece.
Now my daughter in love uses them and they love them.
Now if your on a budget and trying to be frugal I don't advocate buying the spode. I sort of got myself into a pickle with it. I had no idea how expensive they are.
But, there are adorable dishes everywhere now days.
And, I think this is a great tradition.
I hope you enjoy my little glimpse. Keep coming around because next week I will be sharing the entire tablescape and I'll be showing how I got that tree in the pot.
Happy decorating and

Merry Christmas


Post a Comment