Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday




I am going on a journey with Truth 4 the Journey.
The aim is to list 5 things which you are thankful to God for!

Click here to see what Sonja is thankful for and a list of others who are on the Journey today.


Sharing the Five Things I am Thankful For today . . .

As I was thinking about this list the thing that came to my mind is that I am
Thankful that we were able to raise our kids in a somewhat structured,organized,playful autmosphere. And that I got to spend so much time with my kids especially when they were in Jr. High and High school

I am thankful too that God provided the resources way back for us to get horses. I think. No I know that it was the combination of Christian private school and thier love of horses and that environment that took them through the high school years and kept them in the right direction when it is so easy to end up going down the wrong path.

(I know this because I know I am not that great a parent. So I can't take the credit)

I am thankful that God knows what I need. I am thankful he is patient with my wish, want and dream list. And patient with my spirit of rebellion!

I am thankful that my Cowboy is a patient man and that he usually goes along with most of my wants. Even under duress sometimes as with our dog. He didn't want another dog. But we got one! She is the one in my photo's of yesterday.

BTW before I get to my last thankful item I have some photo's to illustrate each of these things but don't have time now to post them. If I don't get back to it the last item here is a photo and really it just is the best illustration anyway.

Lastly I am thankful for:



Because without Christ I probably would not be able to list the other items.

Dear Lord,
I pray today that my thankful list touches someones heart. And I pray that if there is anyone reading it today that does not know you. That you will reveal yourself.
Amen.

5 comments:

Joan Hall said...

Hi Sherry:

Wonderful Thankful Thursday list and yes, Christ is the One who makes all these things possible.

Thanks for stopping over at my blog again today. I've been reading your other posts - we seem to have a lot in common. I see you are a Texan. (Me too) My husband and I serve in prison ministry and I notice you also serve incarcerated youth.

May you be blessed!

Joan

Nana Jul said...

How right you are, with out Jesus, none of this would be possible!
Thankyou Jesus!
Great list!

Kelly Sexton said...

He is creating a pure heart, and it is beautiful :)

Denise said...

Awesome list.

Carrie said...

May the Lord continue to bless you even more abundantly,
Carrie