Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Welcome to my Thankful day hosted by Sonya I love this Thursday meme because we just focus on 5 special things to be thankful for today. I think it's fun because just doing 5 makes me think. Oh I could make a long list. We could all make a reaaaallly looooong list but think about shortening it to just 5. So do I prioritize my list today? Do I just randomly write? Do I spend 5 minutes or 5 hours praying about things I am thankful for? hmmm..... Here's my list of 5.

#1 I am thankful that my God loves me. I am thankful that my God is patient with me. I am reaallly thankful that he is reaallly patient when I whine. He knows what I am talking about.

#2. I am really thankful for sisters like Sonya that come up with these amazing ideas to encourage us to think about Thankfulness. Thank you Sonya.

#3. I am thankful that families can homeschool. I am an advocate for homeschooling. I did not have the opportunity to homeschool my children. I pray for the families that get this opportunity. I am Blessed to see the dedication of families.

#4 I am thankful that God is opening the doors for our boys ministry. I am surprised that is where he is placing me. And after last night I am in awe. Two different boys actually sought me out to talk to. And the boys are beginning to ask to be in our communnity service project. Thank you God.

#5 And last and not least (this is not the list in order of priority_ I am thankful that God provides for us and the ministry. This goes back to the whinning on number 1. Our rent is paid and the lights are on. I am thankful. I am thankful that God provides.

Today I am blessed to read the other posts located over at Sonya's blog and today I am enjoying a day off from specific activities so I can clean house, work on a new project and just rest in that chair on the beach that is in my banner. Boy I wish I could really do that!

I love fall and I hope it stays around a loooong time! Happy Fall and Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

I love your post!! And I know what you mean about the whining. I do that a lot too. :)

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

What would we do without His patience??!!

Happy TT
Bernice

Denise said...

I love your thankful post.