Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

Menu Monday

Hello and Welcome to a new week in a few menu plans in a few pics of what up cooked the last few days

We had a special treat the other day.  We shared with the 'Girl's'
Our Kroger had  Nolan Ryan Tomahawk Steaks on sale.  
The 'Girls' weren't sure at first even how to eat them.  I laughed
I was reminded of the Flintstones. 
The steaks were huge.  We bought two.  The Cowboy cut the bones off.  I froze 1 steak and cooked this one.  
I am trying to clean out the freezer.  We had a partial bag of 
Aldi French Fries.  We did not like them.  I also had a partial bag of Ore Ida.  I left them to thaw on a pan and then cut them.  I sprinkled olive oil and chopped onion and garlic and S&P and then baked them till they were crispy.  Then I topped them with grated cheese and Bell Peppers and put under the broiler.
Radish from the garden.
Here's the steak.  I did a reverse sear method.  It turned out a bit over done for my liking but it was yummy and super tender. The Rosemary is from the garden too.

The Cowboy suggested slicing it for serving.  I was glad trying to cut while eating would have been hard.  
A few nights before I re-heated leftover pork and made Fajita's.

I grilled Corn on the cob, Red Bell Peppers and a Red Iron. 
Asparagus and canned Pineapple rounded out the meal. 

For this week we'll be having more meals from the freezer. 
I did find Ground Beef on sale at the store yesterday so we bought 2 big 'ole packages.  I'll probably make Meat Balls today and freeze them for a few meals.  

Still planning on making that Goulash! And I'll serve it with 
Fried Yellow Squash and Zucchini.  I love fried Squash.  

We have lots of Pork in the freezer so might look for a new idea for it.  We have some cubed.  Maybe a little Chinese. 

We have more fish in the freezer and shrimp.  I've been thinking of making Coconut Shrimp.  Hmm.  


Do you have your menu planned for the week?
I don't really do a menu anymore

Those days are gone for now at least.  Everyday I ask the Cowboy what he feels like eating.  And so we have a Surprise or at least I do everyday.  

Have a Great Week
Enjoy your Surprises/Dinners this week.

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom has never given me a yummy steak bone before. You girls are lucky!