Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Happy Homemaker In Texas

                                            Welcome 
                              It's Happy Homemaker Day! 
I am joining Sandra for her Happy Homemaker Monday party.  
She provides the prompts but I add a few of my own.  HeHe!
                                                


The weather
Summer creeps in.  In the 90's and today expected over 100.

Right now I am 
Wishing it was still early spring time weather.

On my reading pile
Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance Book #2) by [Wade, Becky]
Just got this one in the mail from Bethany House.  Can't wait to read.  Already there are 115 4-5 star reviews on Amazon.  
I'll be posting my review here in the next couple weeks.
Still on the pile but I'm reading this one now.  
Remember the Janet Dailey from last weeks.  It's collecting dust too!  Too many reviews right now to get to it!

The finished one(s)

I finished this one this week.  It was a fun fast read. 
I'll be posting a review in a few days over at My Reading Journeys

In the kitchen 
I have a hankerin' for Chocolate.  I wonder what I could bake?
Blackout Chocolate Cake is the best chocolate cake!! with a chocolate cream cheese frosting and chocolate chip exterior just to be a little OMG.
Give me chocolate.  Click here for the recipe. 

The menu
I have been struggling for awhile on the menu.  I feel like it's the same 'ole same 'ole.  And it is.  Planning helps me be creative though. 
Monday
Cajun Shrimp Pasta, Salad, Crusty Bread

Tuesday
Briskit Tacos (leftover briskit from last week)

Wednesday
Rotel Quiche (combining l/o taco meet with breakfast sausage)
Salad, Sliced Tomatoes from the garden 

Thursday
Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread

Friday
Pot Roast from the freezer, Green Beans


Last weeks menu (what worked/what didn't)
I didn't plan a menu but we ended up having

Monday
Briskit, Baked Potatoes, Sliced Tomatoe's, Fried Okra

Tuesday 
Ham from the freezer, Brocolli-Rice Casserole, Watermelon

Wednesday
Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas

Thursday
Dominoe's $5.99 take out special Pepperoni/Mushroom

Friday
That Briskit went along way.  Had a few slices with some 
Watermelon, Sliced Tomatoe's and Gucamole.


Something fun to share
Not so fun.  One of my Bestie's B.J. has been sick for 2 weeks with the flu.  She has her comments off but she is hoping to be better soon and blogging again.  I would love for you to go by and visit her and say a little prayer for her too!  Click here

In the garden 
Only took a couple pics this week.  Everything is growing nicely.
I have Tomatoe's a few at a time.  The Sunflowers are about to bloom. 
As I take pictures and look over the garden area I am making 
plans for next year.  I will have to do some rotating of my crops based on the sun and shade. 

In the craft basket
No crafting going on although I need to finish a July 4th quilt.
Here's a sneak peek of the changing going on in the sewing part 
of the room. 
   I have been refolding the fabric with a 5" and 4" ruler.  The pieces that are over a yard are being 
refolded with a 5" ruler and I am moving them into the laundry room where I have ample storage. 

On the to do list
Finish above mentioned quilt
Finish organizing craft/sewing room
Pull weeds and chop down scrub trees on edge of garden
Get fence put in 

My Ta Da moment
Cut down on my morning breakfast stop. 
Took strawberries a few days and a couple chunks of cheese a few days.

The Precious moment
I added this feature a few weeks ago when my grandson did 
something Precious.  
My Photo Journey
An archived moment but Sweet enough to share again.  His 
first horse show. 

The Fabulous Features
Features from the Fabulous Party.  Each week I choose two.
Last week Fabby was back and shared afternoon tea.  Isn't this 
table lovely!  Click here to visit her post. 
Need the BEST wedding gift idea? Make a Year of Dates Gift Basket - filled with 12 months of planned dates! Lots of printables and tips here!
Ash and Eileen at Just Measuring Up shares this cool idea.  
Great for any couple.  I want to make one for my daughter and new Son In Love!  Click here to visit the post. 
Click here to Link and visit the Fabulous Party


From the camera
Last week the Sunflowers were at about his hip.  They are growing tall.  He was facing the setting sun and not too excited about taking the pic that day!

Devo/Scripture
Custom Watercolor Scripture Verse Paintings by DeannaWalterFineArt
Available Here

Linking with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday
Linking at The Fabulous Party
Click here







No comments: