Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Welcome.  
Each week I join Sandra at Family Corner for her party
Happy Homemaker 
Sandra provides the prompts-I add a few of my own

The Weather
Two words  Rain Cold

Right now I am
Wishing it wasn't raining so I could play outside.  Oh my 
I sure do hope the Cat In The Hat doesn't sneak in!

On my reading pile
On my reading pile

In the kitchen (a new recipe to try)
Delicious chicken and sausage gumbo anyone can make. It all starts with a flawless oven roux and ends with chicken and sausage gumbo goodness!
Jaxx at The Bearded Hiker shared his oven roux gumbo at the 
Fabulous Party.  This sounds so good I am trying tonight!
Click here to read the post.

The menu
I really need to re-think the whole menu thing.  Lot's of changes going on here.  The Cowboy is officially retiring which means he's home for lunch.  Which means I need to have food for lunch planned or he'll eat leftovers planned for later in the week!  
Here's what I am trying for this week.

Monday-cup of leftover gumbo from the weekend
                    Hamburgers and a few fries
                     
Tuesday- Taco Tuesday

Wednesday- Sounds like a good night for chicken

Thursday -kid friendly Pizza (make your own)

Friday- Steak,baked potatoes and salad

As I've said before.  The same ole same ole.  I need some menu ideas!


In the garden 
Puddles, hyacinths,crocus, lettuce sprouts that may have drowned, potatoes and onions that probably drowned.

Something fun to share

Printable Download BIBLE VERSES No2 scripture art 1x2 inch images for Domino…
So pretty these are for sale on Etsy.  Click here

A new blog to share
I found a lovely blog this week when I found the photo for the Scripture/Devo. prompt. I found the photo on Pinterest
and visited the blog. 
The blog is called 
Vintage Grace - Telling the story of God's Grace
it was a lovely place to visit.  Constance shares scripture that she has journaled and illustrated.  I hope you will go by for a visit.  Click here.  I think I could spend all day reading her lovely posts.

An old blog to share 
Don't be mad Carol...I need help thinking what to call this prompt!
Comfort Spring
not old but Carol's fun blog has been around a little bit. 
And she posted the most links at the Fabulous Party last year so that puts her blog in the 'old' category just because it's not new to me!

But it might be new to you.  
Go over and see her at Comfort Spring Station.  You'll find some fabulous recipes and much more!  Click here to visit Carol!
I am featuring Carol here today because I got a chance to visit with her and interview her for the Fabulous Party.
I'll be sharing the interview soon. 

On my to do list

  • Curtains for master and living.  Need to price rods.
  • Slowly re-arrange my room so I can have a sewing space and a journal/paper crafting space
  • Make plans/ideas for a Spring Peter Rabbit party
  • Put away Valentines decorations
My "Ta Da" list
No real Ta Da this week.  Just spent the week reading.

A new linky party 
I found this party this week.  

Click here to visit the party

In the craft basket 

An applique quilt I need to finish.  I will not tell you how old this block is.  I have taken my time on completing because I wasn't sure about quilting it.  Now I have the knowledge and I am ready to start!

Fabulous features from The Fabulous Party
It's always so hard to choose which posts to feature!
I thought you might enjoy this one since St. Partrick's Day
is coming up soon 

How to Make a Burlap Banner in Less Than an Hour
Go over to Ash & Eileen's at Just Measuring Up for the instructions.  Click here

Suzy is a new visitor to the party.  She blogs at Just Simply Somethings she shared a post about a craft that might be new to you.  It is called 'Felting'.She shared the sweetest little creatures made from felt.  
Click here to read this fun post!


From the camera
I just know spring is around the corner.  Little bunnies are showing up everywhere!

Devo-Scripture

Vintage Grace- My soul waits

As always I am linking at Happy Homemaker Monday
and a lot of other fun parties my list with links is below this post

No comments: