Pages

Monday, January 8, 2018

Start A New Fun Tradition

I started a tradition when my children were younger that I had no idea would be passed on! 
Image result for wrapped presents

It's kind of funny how the tradition started.  I was home alone one morning the Cowboy was at work, kids in school.  I realized I didn't like the way the tree looked with no packages under it. 
Image result for wrapped presents under tree
 I always decorated on Thanksgiving weekend.  It was usually a while before we put the packages under the tree.  So I decided 
to wrap empty boxes.  I got big and medium size boxes to take up alot of space. 
Image result for wrapped presents under tree
My goal was simple I just wanted the space under the tree to be
pretty.  I thought of Santa and his list and my creative juices began to flow. 
Image result for santa reading list
The kids were small and I didn't want them to get confused or 
disappointed if I used their names.  

Image result for putting name tags on gifts

Back then tags came with the wrapping paper.  So I just used the tags and began to come up with names.  
Image result for wrapped christmas boxes
There was a gift for Aunt Mary
Image result for wrapped christmas boxes
Gifts for Uncle Joe and Aunt Flo
And of course the made up cousins . . . 
Image result for wrapped presents
Billy, Bobby, Susie, Cora Bell, and Dora
Image result for wrapped presents under christmas tree
The first night at dinner there was quite the conversation about the relatives that the kids hadn't met.  We began to make up fun stories about where they lived.  
Image result for christmas blog post dividers

And now many years later I still have boxes that are wrapped and under the tree for our distant relatives.  
Maybe one year they will come for Christmas?
Image result for christmas blog post dividers 

I have another tradition that I started only a couple of years ago. 
I can't wait to tell you about.  But that is for another day!  Hope you'll come back by!


Do you have any fun Christmas traditions? 

I would love to hear about your traditions!  Write a post and share it at The Fabulous Party!   
The linky is on my Sunday post.  Or you can click here to visit my Our Holiday Journey blog.  The party goes all week. You can link any day!

See you at the party!
Linking with some other fun parties. 
My list is below.


No comments: