Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012


Happy Thankful Thursday....
Today I have a short list but they are biggies . . . I am not sure where to begin!

Well today I started work at a new job.  This one is big because I am 54 and I have been out of the work force for 30 years!  I have spent the last 8 years in ministry and done a lot of clerical type work.  That was the only reference I really had to use. 

I am now working at an insurance agency in our town.  I had a great first day!  My boss took me to lunch! 

I am also thankful that Saturday is my sweet daughters 30 birthday.  And here's the big thankful part she is getting a horse.  It is an amazing story I'll share the details in another post but God provided her a 'free' horse.  She has been training him for a few months and she loves him and now he is her's!  I'll post photo's and story next week. 

And lastly I am thankful that a kind neighbor of ours gave us a heads up about a tragedy (in my opinion) that is happening in our neighborhood.  We live in a tiny apartment complex that has 10 units.  We are in the middle of a really nice neighborhood on a lake.  One of the neighbors that lives in a house is putting a cage in his garage at night and catching cats and having the animal control pick them up. 

Our cat loves to be outside.  He was originally our barn cat.  He is 12 years old.  And doesn't have any shots.  I know bad but; we do what we can do!  It would not be and option for us to get him out of 'jail' if he was picked up. 

I am so glad the neighbor told us.  Rascal isn't real happy but we are looking at it as a positive.  We are praying we will move when our lease is up in  June so he in training for moving to a new place. 

I didn't have any photo's of Rascal or our daughter on this computer (our newer one) but I did have this one from a Blue Monday post. 


I hope you are having a Thankful day.  Are you sharing a list at Thankful Thursday?  You can join just click here

1 comment:

Denise said...

Congrats on your new job, very happy for you. I know you will do a great job. Praying for your daughter to have a very blessed birthday, a horse? Wow, very nice. Praying for the safety of your dear cat. I love you.