Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A Newish Hobby To Share

Hello everyone.  Welcome to the 1st full week of February


I saw this cut February pic on Facebook and I thought it was so cute.  I usually try to make my own pic but February crept on me!

I spend alot of time on Facebook.  Don't we all?  My time spent may be different than most people.  I am in several 'groups'.  
I have found some lovely Christian women that are crafters.  They have been a huge Blessing to me the past few months.  They have a weekly prayer list and I have been on it since Thanksgiving when my husband became ill.  
Mainly this particular groups makes Junk Journals and things to put in them.  We SWAP with each other.  There are monthly SWAPS.  They also have several games to play.  It is super fun and they are great supportive Christian women. 

Here are a few pics of a few things I've made over the last few months.  

Pocket letters are super fun and sooooo very simple to make.  The first time I saw them I didn't participate because I didn't have any of the Baseball Card Sleeves that are used.  But the group has 2 monthly events.  Weighty (Big) Wishes and Wee Wishes.  I put 
wish on Weighty Wishes for the sleeves and I got a bunch!  
This is a Butterfly theme Pocket Letter.  We were assigned a theme.  Each little pocket is backed with pretty paper and then filled with goodies.  Some goodies are supplies like riboon, washi tape, stickers, and little cut outs.  Other goodies are tea backs or candy. 
This part of a Fall theme.  I used several different paper packages.  The little pink fox's went with the Fall them.  I added the fox with glasses to the pocket.  

    
This is a mini pocket.  3 sections cut from the big sleeve.  This one was inspired by a tiny paper clip shaped like eye glasses.  I knew I had some paper with glasses in my stash so I grab them up and pulled a few other pieces that had the same colors.  This one included a yummy piece of candy. 
Prayer Pocket #10 by Jeannie Thompson Phillips
Pinterest
Another fun project is to make Prayer Envelopes or Pockets.  In another group the administrator makes these and gives them to nursing homes in her community.  I thought this was a fabulous idea so I have started sending her some each month.   For me it is a way to practise.  I am new at paper crafting and it helps having someone to give my things to.  
  
This is a tag for a SWAP the instructions were to make 3 sets of two tags connected.  My partners name started with a 'K' a perfect way to use these cool burlap covered letters!

It is funny I don't hardly throw anything away! I have a clear vase on my work table that is about 15" tall I put tiny thin and long strips in it.  Sometimes a tiny strip is just perfect for a project.  

One of my newest favorite things to make is called 'Fraken Paper'.
It is a project that you use up your tiny or big scraps by gluing them together and making paper out of small pieces.  
In another group we were assigned to make a Junk Journal page about Dogs.  This is part of the page I made.  The vintage Norman Rockwall photo I took to the copy shop and printed so I could preserve the original   I attached it as a pocket and filled the pocket with pretty color paper that is white on the back.  It can be used as journaling cards.  The foot print is a glitter sticker I received in a Pocket Letter.  It was perfect for this spread.
received 8/24 posted on pinned page per Robin at 2:59
This is the page I received from my partner.  

I have found some wonderful new friends from all over through my FB groups.  It's a bit sad to say but in my case they have taken the place of friendships normally found at church.  But I am Blessed. 
Last year I got 40 birthday cards in the mail.  I also got more Christmas cards than I could count. 

And, the funny thing is that before my husband got ill he mailed me an Anniversary card. He saw how happy mail makes me that he joined the game!  

If you are interested in crafting, or in scripture journaling, books 
and I imagine there are lots of other kinds of groups too...check out groups on FB. 


No comments: