Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week I agree with Laurie's post here's the verse she used...
NEHEMIAH 9:17 " You are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love."



Here are Laurie's thoughts...
"When we constantly seek Him, and continue to look for what His desires are for our lives and not our fleshly desires ... we can then find the deserved rewards that we are seeking! God is a gracious and compassionate God, He is slow to anger and abounds in love. He knows better what we are in need of than we are. Arent' you thankful that God knows exactly what is best for us?"



I too am Thankful for God's graciousness and his mercy. And that he is slow to anger. I am Thankful for the abundance of his love.



This week I had a few rough days as shown in my whiny Tuesday post. I am sure your like me and have those days. Today I am Thankful that God knows what is best for us.



I am Thankful he knows what is best for our ministry.



I am Thankful that he has provided us a wonderful house and a landlord that also seeks to trust him and allows God to guide him.



I am Thankful that God provides what we need when we need it. And that the utilities are paid, there is food in the house and food for all the animals.



I am Thankful that our daughters job is flexible and that she can take the baby to work. That I keep him for 3 hours a couple of days a week.



What a beautiful list don't you think? And in case you need a smile today I want to share this photo with you.





I love this illustration. I was given permission to use it for our ministry. I am Thankful for other bloggers that are so willing to share thier work. Go by and see Lori. She has a beautiful blog. I love her name All I have to give which expresses my desires to please our father.

Thanks Lori!

Wishing Many Blessings and much Thankfulness,
Sherry

5 comments:

Denise said...

I enjoyed this thankful post sweetie.

Karen said...

I have definitely been guilty of having whiny days. Aren't you glad God loves us no matter what? I sure am!

Hope you have a great Thursday!
Karen

LAURIE said...

beautiful post. I am so grateful that our God accepts us and loves us as we are. :) Happy TT! -Laurie

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Great post! I always enjoy reading your thoughts. And, thanks, too for the sweet encouragement you write on my comments.

Blessings, dear sister!

debi9kids said...

What a wonderful list of so many blessings from our Lord.
Many blessings to you & yours.