Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Step By Step--A Book Review

STEP BY STEP

Step by Step is book two in the Crisis Team series.  I was intriqued to read this book because I am a Chaplain and have had to respond in Crisis situations.  

I think the author did a wonderful job of weaving a fictional story into the subject.

As a former ER nurse Calvert has 'real life' experience that is woven into her story lines.

I loved visiting Ms. Calverts webiste and learning about her as an author.

I found this quote . . . "Solid characters, real life and sweet romance." author Varina Denmane

I have to agree those three phrases describe this book completely.

From the back cover . . .
Three years after a tragic accident left her a widow, ER nurse Taylor Cabot is determined to move on, checking off one item after another on her survival list. Her relationship with a handsome plastic surgeon even gives her hope for the last point—“fall in love again.” At least until crisis chaplain Seth Donovan steps back into her life, reawakening unanswered questions about her husband’s death.

While in San Diego to train community volunteers, Seth hopes to learn why Taylor is backing away from the crisis team and from their friendship. But nothing prepares him for the feelings that arise when he sees Taylor again . . . and sees her moving on with another man.

When a community crisis hits home and puts lives at risk, emotions run high and buried truths are unearthed. Will hope make the survival list?


And now for my thoughts . . . 
The first few chapters are faced paced and drew me in.
That was short lived and settled into a little routine and predictable.
At least I thought routine and predictable
I  began to have the feeling of there’s gonna be a bit of a villain here and began predicting something maybe a little sinister goin on. The main characters husband did die and she had questions.  So why not sinsiter?
By the half way part I was pulled into the sub characters and their separate stories.
The stories wove together into the main story and kept me interested and wanting more.
So much more that by the end I was wanting  the storyline to continue.

Admittedly there is a great ‘twist’ at the end that kind of threw me off on my predictions.

Isn’t that what makes a great story? 

I was thrilled to see that the next installment is scheduled for the Fall. 


I only wish I didn’t have to wait that long!

My rating . . . 
I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.  Mainly because I did get a little bogged down. 
Part way through I was waiting for something to happen.  
By the end I wasn't disappointed.

For more information visit the authors website.  Click Here

I received this book  from Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for my review. 

This book  will be available February 1   (clock on bold)  Pre-oder your copy today at:
Amazon, Barnes and Noble,Christian Book (dot)Com

This post is linked at the following Blog Parties (click on the bold for a direct link)
Make My Saturday Sweet, Happy Homemaker Monday,The Art of Homemaking,
Simple and Sweet Fridays Home Matters Linky Party , Show and Tell at My Romantic Home




1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

It sounds like an awesome read but unfortunately, the only time mom reads a book because she's too busy reading blogs, is when she travels to visit her mom and dad.

No, Crumpies is not our dad's workshop. Mom and dad built Crumpie's barn and the Northford Timber Framers helped them put it up. We don't own any clocks inside of it but we sure wish we did!