Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Miss Kay's Kitchen-Book Review

I had a hankerin' and I need a recipe.  So I went to my collection 
and pulled out this great cookbook . . . 
Image result for miss kay's kitchen

I knew my 'go to' homecookin' girl would offer what I wanted.  

Have you had the opportunity to read or purchase this cookbook? 

Let me tell you it is chock full of wonderful recipes.  
And, it is filled with stories and photo's.  So, not only is it a great tool it's a great read!  

I've enjoyed each and every recipe I've tried. 
From the yummy Mexicorn Cornbread (pg. 55) to the Crawfish Fettucine (pg. 118) we tried it first and loved it.  

My next recipe to try is the mouth watering and yummy Blackberry Jam Cake.  Oh my. Yum.  4 layers of yum!  I hope mine will look as good!

The cookbook is filled with photos. 

The chapters/sections are not set up like a normal cookbook which might be a little annoying to you but it's worth it.  

Here are a few of the section titles. 
Cooking with Phil, Feeding My Boys, Company's Coming
and many more.  

Each section has a huge variety of recipes.  It's much easier to look in the index for recipes than go to a section.  

Have you had a chance to check it out?  
Image result for miss kay's kitchen
You can find it at:Amazon,Barnes and Noble and Walmart.

I'm going to go bake a cake now!   

Linking with The Art Of Homemaking.
Linking with Tuesdays At Our Home
Linking with The Loft



11 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Miss Kay sure knows her way around the kitchen. Great share, thank you and njoy a wonderful weekend.

Jackie See said...

The hubs game this cookbook and I love it too. I still have so many to try! Good review!

Molly the Airedale said...

We have never seen this cookbook before but it sounds like a winner!
What time will cake be served? *wink wink*

Latane Barton said...

That cookbook looks like a winner. I don't do a lot of cooking anymore (age related) but I do enough to have something to eat, mostly just old time cooking. Let us know how that blackberry jam cake turns out. My Mom used to make them. I tried once.. it was a disaster!!

Sandra said...

I got that cookbook for Christmas 2 years ago and it's one of my favorites in my collection, such great recipes :)

Denise said...

sounds like a good cook book

Michelle said...

I didn't realize she had a cookbook, though she always gives the impression that she knows her way around the kitchen!

quakerhillfarm said...

Thank you for the great review! I love cookbooks so sounds like one to add. Have a great day!

Dorothy said...

My father-in-law bought this cookbook for me and I actually haven't pulled it out in a while. I think I will be doing that today!

Jerralea said...

Thanks for sharing about this cookbook at The Loft today. I love reading cookbooks and this sounds like fun. I'm glad you told us some of what was in it. I think, on my own, I'd pass it over assuming it was full of wild game recipes. I'll have to check it out!

Leah Adams said...

I have not looked at Miss Kaye's cookbook, but it sounds like it would be wonderful. The Blackberry Cake is enough to entice me. Thank you for linking up at The Loft this week.