Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Vintage Cakes--Cookbook Review

                           

The cover caught my eye.  Yummy!!!!!   And, I love anything Vintage so I knew I would enjoy this cookbook.  

Vintage Cakes offers a fun collection of updated recipes for both classic and forgotten cakes.  Some I was familiar with but some were new to me.  

There are recipes for layer cakes, rolls, bundt cakes and even no-bake cakes. And of course cupcakes!  There are over 50 different recipes with wonderful color photos.  I loved the use of vintage items in the photography.  

The author tested 'old fashioned' grandma recipes and made some changes to update . . . 
"I was happy to rid the recipes of any Crisco, Primex, Sweetex and margarine! I replaced the processed fats with good old-fashioned butter for the yummiest flavor and canola oil for tenderizing the crumb and adding moisture to the cake," Richardson said. 

This site actually has some of the recipes and great photo's from the cookbook.  Click Here

I really enjoyed reading this cookbook and looking at the photo's.  I was inspired to try a few of the recipes. 

I looked around the internet to see where you might purchase.  It appears to be widely available at 
Amazon and a few other places.  

Check it out.  You might consider purchasing a copy for a new bride.  I think it would make a great wedding gift. 

Thanks for visiting today.   I am off to the library for a new cookbook to share with you next week. 

Linking with The Art Of Homemaking.
Linking with There's No Place Like Home

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

The cake on the book cover sure does look yummy! We would love the lick the frosting.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I love using vintage recipes. I have my grandmother's cook book and I have made several of her recipes. Some of them are too soiled to make out but the ones I have made were wonderful. That pink frosted cake looks lovely. Thank you for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Love the cover of this cookbook. Can't wait for you to try one of the recipes!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

The cover is an eye-catcher, for certain! The book sounds lovely. Thank you for sharing.

The Charm of Home said...

That is a cookbook I would love! THanks for sharing!

Denise said...

yummy review