Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

How I Roll In The Sewing Room Stepping Out Of My Comfort Zone

So the other day I wrote a post about a crazy inspiration to make heart shaped
Log Cabin blocks.
Here is one of the first  blocks . . .
T:
I made 4 with just random scraps.

And then my mind did what it usually does and I had this idea to do them in all pink . . .
T:
Love them!  I'm not completely happy with the white so I've stopped.  That is how I roll.  

                 I end up changing projects mid stream.  Or should I say mid stitch. HeHe.

But while I was working on the blocks I noticed that I had all these fabulous little teeny tiny scraps.
                 T:
And I couldn't part with them so.  I did this . . .
         T:
This isn't a great pic.  I actually had it attached in the middle of the mantle but I wanted you to see the
lights showing through so I took it down.
Here's a closer shot . . .
       T:
I started this on Friday.  Our dinner was on Sunday.  I didn't get it as thick as I wanted but it looked good.
Here you can see parts of the string of lights not attached.  I took the fabric off for you to see.
My lights were 3 times as long as the mantle.  So I attached to both ends and then  laid them back across the mantle until I had the entire length attached.
I had already tied about 1/4 of the length so then I just went down my shorter measured length and started tieing on more strips

I love how it turned out.  It really added to this garland I did a couple of years ago . . .
          T:
Here's a shot of the entire mantle . . .

           T:
I put the mantle together for a Valentines Day Dinner  click Here to see that post.

And now back to how I roll and what I'm doing in the sewing room because I'm not super happy with that white fabric.  I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to see what I might find.

I  saw this today at Red Pepper Quilts . . .
                          Checkerboard Patchwork Quilts | Work in Progress | Red Pepper Quilts 2016

And I was inspired to try and use up all those 5" squares I have cut.  Here are a few of the squares I'm working with . . .
T
I have a 3 stacks of reds and navys.  And about that many or more of pastels.
I am so totally stepping out of my comfort zone here.   Putting reds, navys, pinks, greens, yellows together.

But if my quilt looks anything like this . . .
 Checkerboard Patchwork Quilts | Work in Progress | Red Pepper Quilts 2016
                I'll be super happy.  Did you notice the mix of not only colors but the mix of theme?
                                                                 I'm steppin' out!

                                                         In my slippers that I found!

                                  I hope you have a Happy Day whatever your doing!
                                             
Linking with Roses Of Inspiration Linky Party,  Pink Saturday, A Burst Of Beautiful

5 comments:

Denise said...

I LOVE IT ALL, VERY CUTE.

Molly the Airedale said...

Love your pink log cabin hearts. They're too cute! You are such a creative person!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lynn, you are one talented lady. I love all that you created here and thank you for sharing. Yes, you can place that button on your sidebar. The link is back to Stephanie at her blog, The Enchanting Rose. She has the link in her post today to copy and paste. That would be your best way to copy so it goes to her blog. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend ahead. Blessings xo

Christine said...

Oh wow! I so admire your quilting talent! Those hearts are awesome! & what a great idea to use up the strips in a fun pretty garland for the mantel!
Thanks for visiting & following & now following you
You're most welcome to check out my craft blog www.preferablyprim.blogspot.com
Happy weekend!

Stephanie said...

Oh, there is so much sweet pink loveliness here. Your squares show your beautiful sewing abilities and your mantle is simply divine!

I am so glad you shared with Roses of Inspiration - I hope you're able to join us again. Hugs!