Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

                                               happyhomemakermonday
Updated I forgot In The Craft Basket
The Weather . . .
Rain predicted.  It rained some yesterday.  The ground was wet when I took Daisy out.
According to my phone its 53 and overcast.  (I just figured out it's on my phone. Duh)

Right Now I'm . . .
Listening to birds outside.  And the washer.  I put the throws from the coach in the washer first thing.
The Cowboy has been sick since Friday.  The sheets go in next!

Thinking . . .
Figuring out my smart phone is smarter than me.  I wish I could get it to do all the things it can do.  And properly!

On My T.V.
I'm not much of a t.v. watcher. (that's why I can read so many books)  The Cowboy usually has control of remote.  We watched House Hunters last night.  It was in Belize.  I think I could live there!  I love the beach.

On The Menu This Week . . .
My menu planning is not going well.  When I am able to have a menu it seems to help in the left overs dept.
It makes it a lot easier to remember when something was made so it can be re-served or thrown out.
I'm thinking about doing a month long rotating list of items that I normally cook.  And then fill in with new fun things to try.

On My To Do List . . .
Decorate Mantle for Spring
Clean sewing off dining room table
Reorganize the sewing room closet

In The Craft Basket . . .
Stepping Out Of My Comfort Zone . . .            pulling colors and motifs together for a scrap quilt:
A little scrap quilt.  I'll name it 'Out Of My Comfort Zone'.  I can't believe I put all these colors and motifs together.  I love the black cat!  I shared the inspiration behind this quilt here.
Looking Forward To This Week . . .
Interviewing and getting job offer from Home school family.

Looking Around The House . . .
Doesn't take much it's little.  The living room just is.  The dining room table needs to be uncovered and the bedroom is rumbled.  Need to get the sheets in the washer next.

From The Camera . . .

Shared this yesterday on Sunlit Sunday.  Click here to see the post.  I took these a couple of years ago
when we took out daughter out for lunch for her birthday.  We had such a great time at the marina.
I hope we can go back this year and get more pics.  Last year the lake was closed because we had so much rain.

On My Prayer List . . .
Our sweet hostess Sandra
The Cowboy
The Home school family that needs a household manager (job I'm applying for)

Bible Verse, Devotional . . .

                                   Amen:
Linking with Sandra at Family Corner for Happy Homemaker Monday.
                                                           
                                                         
                       


6 comments:

Denise said...

liked this post.

Jean said...

Seems to be the time of year for sickness. Hope everyone at your house is on the mend and feeling better soon as well. Reading your to-do list reminds me that I need to find something new for the front door to replace my Valentine's Day welcome sign (I figured it would be good for the whole month of February). Hope you have a wonderful week!

Row. said...

I Love your scrappy quilt! and I loved your comment about phone and just finding weather app. I'm pretty much the same I need my teens to show me how to find most things on my phone. have a good week.

collettakay said...

I love scrappy quilts and blankets. It always amazes me how well they come together :) I hope you can stop by:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/02/happy-homemaker-monday-22216.html

Colletta

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom just cleaned the sewing stuff off our dining room table. You moms think alike☺

Kim said...

I did smile at your comments re the smart phone. I think it's a plot against us humans. =) It sounds busy over there. I love your scrappy quilt...oodles and oodles of pattern and colour!