Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A to Z Memory Verse Challenge

For a couple of years I have been wanting to work on memorizing Bible verse with my grandkids.  I loved the idea of doing it in order of the ABC's but I never did follow through.  But this year I am!    I found this amazing challenge over at Cindy's blog.  I just love her header and the verse she dedicates her blog with!

Cindy started this amazing and easy challenge.  A verse every two weeks.  Easy Peasy even for young children.  I just started we are behind a little but at least the first verse she chose was pretty easy.  We all (at least the adults) already know this one.  Just gotta learn the reference.


I love the photo she made so I wanted to share it.


One of the things things I want to do is illustrate each verse with my own photo or one I find on the web.  I already have an idea for this one.  Just gotta get the photo and get it illustrated.  I think it will be fun and encouraging sending them to my kids that live out of state. 

My son and his family live in Missouri.  This challenge I hope will be a way for all of us to communicate more and spend time together even if it is through cyberspace.   

One of the things on my To Do list for 2012 is to be a better long distance Grandma;  what better way?

How about you?  Are you a long distance grandma? Why not join us?  Here's the link to Cindy's blog. 

And, why not join me in reading through the Bible this year?  Read On!







3 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

This is a great idea. Fortunately my two grands live an hour a way. I watch them once a week but teaching them a Bible verse is awesome. We also plan to move to OR - a long way a way. it's going to be horrible leaving the little ones. I hope they decide to move as well. Have a great day!

Denise said...

Glad you joined the challenge.

Ika Devita Susanti said...

Will be praying for you, dear. I am struggling too since I have a very tight schedule and missed many reading time.