Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Read on Week One re-cap

Well I finished my first week.  Well actually the first five days.  I hadn't really decided this for sure but in the back of my head I was thinking of only Reading On during the weekdays.  My weekends are usualy a little chaotic.  I don't want to 'expect' to read on Saturday and Sunday and then not make it it.  

I ended the week reading Lamentations.  I only got through I think 4 chapters.  But I did finish reading Chronicles.  It actually took me a day longer than I wanted.  On Thursday I ended up so tired that I only read 2 chapters.  I hate to say it but it did put me to sleep.  Well actually I am sure it wasn't God's word that put me to sleep.  Just the sitting still for a few minutes.  But as I was reading I couldn't keep my eyes open.  It was frustrating because I had planned to finish on Thursday. 

Last night when I was reading I was tired again that is why I only got through two chapters.  I hope that I will find sometime this weekend to finish the book. 

It is kind of a funny feeling but I am really wanting to do this.  It has only been a few days and I actually put off doing other things that I really want to do in order to read.  Read On!  Whoop! Whoop!  It is a good feeling for me. 

I was kind of thinking in my mind...I hadn't actually verbalized it that if I can do this for 21 days that it will become habit.  At least that is what I hear.  But I am kind of thinking that I am not going to have to 'depend' on the 'habit'.  At least I hope that is how it turns out! 

I hope that you are getting to read everyday.  Whether it is a couple of chapters like I did on my tired days.  Or more.  It doesn't matter how many.  What matters is your doing it. 

I hope that my emails and comments are encouraging you.  It is my desire to help you do this. 

I pray that you all have a great weekend.  And btw if you haven't read my Saturday Sleepover post check it.  I had a great time writing it. 

See you on Monday.   Read On! and Pass it On get some sista's to join!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats, you are doing great.

Ika Devita Susanti said...

I think I lose the momentum :(. I'll start it again tomorrow. Struggling.