Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Read The Bible --Titus Tuesday


I was still thinking about how I wanted to write my Read On post this morning.  And while I was thinking I thought I would visit Darlene at Time Warped Woman and check out her post for Titus Tuesday.

Funny thing she was kind of thinking the same thing today. 


I/we are thinking about those goals or resolutions or plans made for  . . .


My biggest goal this year is to Read the Bible.  You'll be seeing Read On a lot around here this year and on my comments on your posts too!  It started with my desire to Read The Bible.  The whole Bible this year.  And, I knew I needed help and encouragement so I asked some bloggy friends to join me.  BTW this is your invitation! 
Then as I began to write posts and listen to what some other sweet sista's were saying I realized that maybe just managing to read everyday is a huge challenge.  And actually it is for me too.   And so the idea of reading the Whole Bible may be more than some of us can wrap our minds around!

After realizing that I was actually even more challenged and excited . . .

It actually was a little liberating.  Because it didn't seem like such a huge task. 

I know there are some of us that find it difficult to find a minute or two for ourselves. 

And so, dear sweet sista's I give you permission to just read what you can.  LOL.  But just do it!
I would love for you to join us.  Whether your challenge is reading everyday a little or a lot. 
Join us!   I am here to encourage you. 

Please leave a comment on any Bible post or send me an email.  I will pray for you everyday.  I will send you emails and visit your blog just to encourage you.  

So if your considering 'throwing in the towel' on your goals for the year, don't do it!  go over to Darlene's for her great and encouraging Titus Tuesday post .  Click here.

And don't forget my invite to join us!
Read On . . .

3 comments:

Denise said...

Reading on sis.

Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Sherry. And especially for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate that so much. Your thoughts on Reading the Bible through this year struck a nerve. I have done that in the past and it was very beneficial. But I do feel a little overwhelmed right now at the thought of a Bible reading plan. I am in the word daily because I write a daily devotional blog and that requires study. Your post is very encouraging and I hope you get some responses from other women. I will make it a point to stop in occasionally and share what I'm learning with you. God bless.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and I'd love it if you joined my challenge!

Like you, one of my resolutions was also to read the bible more! I hope to take advantage of any extra moments I get to do just that! Glad I'm not alone in this resolution!