Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wordfilled Wednesday Artcamp 1

Welcome to Wordfilled Wednesday
Today I wanted to begin sharing with you photo's from last Thursdays Art Camp at the Juvenile
Dention Center where my Cowboy and I serve as Chaplains.  

I was able to photograph Alan  early on during the painting process.  We were all amazed at what he chose to paint. 


It was actually his painting that gave me the idea to put the scripture on the artwork.  Notice he wrote the reference in the right hand corner.  I applied the verse when I downloaded the photo's.  

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.
Jeremiah 29:11-14


I had not had the chance prior to art camp to talk to Alan. (He had not come to chapel services)  I was listening as a couple of different volunteers talked to him during the day.  One of the volunteers asked him if he went to chapel and he answered 'No'. He continued to say he wasn't sure that there is a God. 

Alan is on my prayer list.  I am praying that he will call on God and he will pray.  I am praying that God hears his prayer.  I am praying Alan will seek God with all his heart. 

I am praying for you too.  I pray that if you don't have a relationship with God that today you will seek him. 

And, if you are a Believer.  A follower of Jesus that you will pray for Alan. 


Last Thursday was my first time to join the Art Camp.  I never dreamed that using a talent or a knowledge of painting was a way to spread the gospel.  A way to share God's love with boys in a Juvenile Detention Center. 

I would love for you to click here and read my entire post about Art Camp. 

Maybe God will reveal to you a gift you have or a new idea to share his love with someone else.

Thank you Amy Deanne for allowing God to speak to your heart and for sharing Wordfilled Wednesday!  Click here to visits Amy's blog.  Click here for the WFW linky.

I am challenging myself to read the Bible everyday this year.
Will you join me?

Reading along the Journey . . .






3 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Ms. Kathleen said...

What an awesome ministry and I like the art camp. Have a great day!

http://theemptynestexpress.com

lori said...

Sherry! Ive got tears in my eyes!! Joining you in praying for Alan...praying the Lord gets whole of his heart & unleashed who he was crested to be!!!
Bless you for sharing this!!