Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Titus Tuesday Errands with Happy Children

What to do today?  I don't know about you but rarely do I have to ask myself that question; because I usually have a million things to
do!  I bet you do too! 

I have never been a list maker. 

 At least I thought I wasn't . . . LOL. But I realized I am.  I just never actually wrote down a list. But I always seemed to have a plan in mind of what I/we (me and kids) would need to accomplish during the week.  And during the day. 

I realize belatedly I/we might have accomplished alot more had I actually written down what I/we needed to do. 


Today I want to encourage you to make a list.  I know for us as a family knowing what we needed to do each day helped alot!   Whether your list looks like this . . .

Or your more of an old fashioned girl . . .


A daily or weekly list encouraged us to keep on track.  I realized that for my family it not only helped us to get things accomplished but it really helped our family get along.  My kids knew everyday when we left for school what 'the plan' for the afternoon after schoolwas.  Having 'a plan' really made after school errands much easier for us.  I think it had a lot to do with that the kids knew what was expected each afternoon.  So instead of sitting in school all day making plans to play with neighbor kids, or play nintendo or a million other kid things right after school.  They knew that their plans would happen once we were home after a couple of stops. Basically they would get in the car expecting to stop at the cleaners or at the store.  And they would have a happy attitude about it.  Once we learned this it made our drives much quieter.  No whinning or crying about running errands. 

One thing that I didn't do that my daughter does with her 3 year old is . . .

. . . making a list together.  This is a new habit for her.  And probably comes from our habit of  planning our days.

When I saw her making a list with my grandson I couldn't help but think of this verse.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he/she will not turn from it.  Proverbs 22:6

Give it a try; include your child/children in making plans for the day or for the afternoon after school.  I would love to hear from you if you try this.  Let me know if it makes your after school errands happier times

Oh and BTW here's what my list looks like these days . . .

I am planning to Read the Bible through this year.  Wanna join me?
Click on the Read On 2012 on my sidebar.
Joining Darlene for Titus Tuesday. Click here.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Sherry,
I make lists so I don't forget. But the bad thing is sometimes I forgot where I put my list! LOL. :D

Denise said...

Great idea.

Jenn said...

Hi Sherry!

I definitely need to be a better list maker. I really love the idea of getting my children involved in list-making too. What a wonderful opportunity to practice their handwriting and vocabulary as well! I love running into natural teaching/learning opportunities!

Blessings!

Jenn from Sweeter than Honey