Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Read On 2012

I have to say I am truly, truly sorry I have not posted in a few days.  And, I have to ask you for prayer.   I was disappointed and frustrated when I wasn't able to post.  And when I found out there is something wrong with my blog.    I don't have the inter-net at home and so I have to go to a friends house or go to a wifi spot.  

I feel attacked.  Circumstances over the last few days have kept me from posting.  And it makes me actually angry.  But I am trying to stifle the anger and trust in God's timing and provision. 

I pray someday soon I will be able to have the inter-net again. 

But until then.  I will still be visiting everyone's blogs on my phone and occasionally leaving comments.  Please forgive me in advance.  I can't seem to figure out how to spell check on my phone!   I have figured out how to publish already written posts.  So hopefully I'll get some time to pre-write some posts and publish from my phone.  

With all that said let's get to the real purpose of this post.  Reading On.  I like that little catchy title.   

Today I wanted to share what I have been doing.  I have not actually adopted a 'reading plan'.  I have tried plans in the past and as I have mentioned failed.  And so this year I have decided to use my own plan.  And so far 4 days in (LOL) it is working!

I think really it is more about my heart working than an actual plan.  But, here's what I have been doing. I decided that 10 Chapters was a good amount to read in a setting so then I began reading Chronicles.   Why you wonder?  Because I don't think I have ever read it before.  If I did I got bored and quit.  But this time I only have a few chapters left.  I have been totally engrossed in it. So much that I have wanted to read more.   As I have been reading I remembered a book I have. 



This is a great devotional book.  It takes specific Women of the Bible and tells their story as a story.  Each story refers to the scripture. There is also a topical lesson about living in Bible times.  It is short only a few pages.  But it makes the story seem to 'come alive."  And, it is written to be studied over 5 days.  I don't know how committed I'll actually be to the 5 days part but they are short lessons and only have a few questions.  Each one I have done in one setting.  Because that works for me right now. 

 If your looking for a devotional this one is great.  And, there is a Men of the Bible book too!

Right now this is working for me.  So what is working for you?  Do you have a reading plan?

 Or are you just challenging yourself to actually reading everyday.  I like that plan.  It is actually my primary goal! 

I have been praying for all of you.  I know there are lots of sisters out there that are challenging themselves to Reading the Bible this year. 
I would love to have you join our little group. 
Please email me or leave me a comment and let me know your . . .

Reading On


2 comments:

Denise said...

I am reading on.

Ika Devita Susanti said...

That's an interesting book. I ask my boyfriend to join me in Bible reading and we read 3 chapters on old testament and 1 chapter on New Testament. I want to make a good relationship between my boyfriend, me and God before we enter the marriage life. I want to discuss what we read with him too actually, but I think he is not ready for that. I pray for you too Sherry and we will keep on reading. We will encourage each other and cherish each other. Have a happy reading :)