Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Show and Tell Friday


Welcome to Show and Tell Friday hosted by Kelli at Theres No Place Like Home.
I hope you enjoy my Show and Tell today.
And then when you done go over and check out Kelli and the others.

Today my S&T is part of something I have been wanting to show for a while.
Because I have had camera difficulties I have been able to take any photo's.
And so I have resorted to be resourceful.

Before I share my S&T please let me tell you about my new best friend it is my printer/scanner.
It now ranks with duck tape,zip lock bags and Dr. Pepper. The following S&T photo's aren't great but they are here compliments of my scanner.

So without further ado here's my Show and Tell...
First is part of a birthday present my sister gave me last year. It was a
set of dishes. Here is one plate.
They are 8 matching plates. A cowboy hat shaped dip and chip bowl and two other boot shape serving pieces.
I have set my table with 4 plates and some pretty candles and glasses and a centerpiece that I like.

Here is a photo of the napkins at each place setting.

There are two lacey napkins and two that are really old white linen or cotton I am not sure which. They have some tatting (I think) on the edge. I just think they are pretty.
I walk by the table everyday and I get to see them. We don't actually use the ones with the tatting because they are really old and fragile. I wash every know and then.
(Home Sanctuary challenge in August...wash linens...see Rachel at Company girls)

Oh the napkin rings. I almost forgot. Can you see them in the photo? They are cowboy hats. I just love them and to tell you the truth I don't remember where I got them. I think maybe a friend gave them too me. I am ashamed I don't remember.

I hope you have enjoyed this resourceful Show and Tell and please drop in anytime. The table is always set.

Come by tomorrow and hear a song I have planned to share for Then Sings My Soul and
don't forget my guest writer Daisywill be sharing about another new friend. I know you will be Happy to meet Daisy's friend.

19 comments:

Pamela said...

Very resourceful! Sorry to hear about your camera difficulties and hope they are resolved soon. I LOVE your Cowboy Napkin Rings.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great weekend!

Trixi said...

Those are so cute. We have our hall bathroom in the whole horse/cowboy theme. Those napkin rings are really cute.

Hootin Anni said...

I love this! Being Texan myself, it's sooooooo.....TEXAN!

My show n tell is all about baskets this week. I do hope you can find time to stop by! Happy weekend to you.

Becca said...

I love those napking rings! You Texan, you! :-)

A fellow Texan,
Becca
www.homeschoolblogger.com/BeccaBeard

Kellie said...

I love it!! Of course my blogs are my little cowboys and Bristol cowboy academy so of course I love the western stuff! I just have to to have me some napkin rings like that! They are too cute!

Rachel Anne said...

I LOVE THIS! So cute....even down to the napkin rings.

Now you've inspired ME....maybe I can fish out something pretty for my table. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sandra said...

How cute :) Thank you for sharing Sherry!

Kelli said...

Those are wonderful dishes and I *love* the cowboy hat napkin rings. How cute is that?!! I hope you have a great long weekend!
~Kelli

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh, so cute....I could go wild with decorating a table with those dishes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words! I'm looking forward to getting to know you! I, too, have a busy day ahead and hope to check back with your blog tonight. God Bless!
Carolina

Gattina said...

Very special design for plates ! Looks very nice !

Carla said...

Yea for scanners!!! What a neat dish design and cute napkin rings and pretty napkins!!!! Thank you for going to so much trouble to share!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Very cute! I like western stuff. I'm glad you still joined in spite camera problems :-)

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you were from Texas, too. I grew up there, and that does look very Texan. :-) My dad would have loved it. He used to ride in rodeos in his early days and loved all things Western.

The Berry's Patch said...

I love those plates and napkin holders.I really want to find something cute like this for my table. Love that you used the vintage napkins. They are beautiful!

Great idea using the scanner. :-)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a unique combination! Reminds me of "leather and lace!" Very nice!

I had camera problems a few months ago and I understand having to be resourceful, you did a great job coming up with this!

Katherine

Unknown said...

How cute is all that for your show and tell? The lacy napkins are very pretty. The edging looks like it is not tatting, but it is very pretty. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to get a scanner!!! :)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Great job using the scanner!! whoo hoo! Your plates are just wonderful and very Texan!! Love the cowboy look. Now nothing is better than having a perty lace napkin to blot your mouth on! Yours are lovely!!!!

xo
Becky

Gina said...

What a lovely collection! The nice thing about a scanner is that it does allow a bigger resolution to click onto. The edging on your hanky isn't tatting but it is either crocheted or needlelace. It's hard to tell which without it being flattened out but tatting is rings and chain and this has none of those characteristics. If it is crocheted, it's certainly with a very very fine thread!
:-) Gina