Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Daisy's Doggie Bloggy Friends and Then Sings My Soul Saturday

Daisy wants to welcome everyone to her Saturday post. This week she doesn't have a doggie friend from the blogworld; because we have spent a bunch of time working on organizing photos and we found this one. It means a lot to us so we wanted to share.
(my Then Sings My Soul post is all the way at the bottom. I hope you enjoy it.)


This is our girl with the horse that played "Cisco" in the movie Dances with Wolves.
The photo was taken on the best family vacation that we ever took. You can see by the smile on her face how happy she is just hand feed this horse.

Below is a copy of the cover of the book from our family library.

As the cowboy family we are this is one of our favorite movies of all times.

Thanks for coming by and visiting I hope that you have enjoyed our 'blast from the past'. BTW the girl child is 26 years old now; married and a mommy. And she still gets the same smile on her faces when she sees a horse.

I'll be sharing more photo's Friday for Kelli's Show and Tell come back for another visit.

When I went to get a song for my Then Sings My Soul post I couldn't help but check out the video's on you tube for the Dances With Wolves music. I found this one.
It doesn't seem to load really well but I thought the photo's at the beginning were really pretty and they reminded me of God's Creation. So I am sharing it with you today. Please go over and visit the other Then Sings My Soul posts too. Here's her link. http://signsmiraclesandwonders.blogspot.com/ or you can click on her button over on the sidebar. (The button takes you to an earlier post. The link takes you to the current post.)

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I love this movie!! It is so beautifully done and such a tribute to the simple culture of the Native people.

Peggy said...

OH DAISIE...(blessings Sherry) I LOVE Dance with the Wolves and your photo of the horse. How wonderful that that girl had an opportunity to feed that horse!

I'm like her! Love horses & dogs!

You haven't been over to pick up your Award and you are in my MAXIMO 3rd group plus Friendship and Sharing the Love! My 5 dogs at Dogs on Thursday all send their HIs to you...that's my Thurs. post!

Thanks for sharing such an aMazing
video, Cisco, little girl now mommy
and the great Dance with the Wolves

Addicted to Beadz said...

Great movie! Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for for sweet comment you had left on my cheerful vincas. I do hope you would get to have a garden soon. This is really my first year having any success at all in gardening. I bought the real cheapies at the store just because I have had so many die on me in the past, and guess what? These on-sale cheapies are just thriving!

Dawn said...

Re your comment on my comment! Maybe we SHOULD do a share of our laundry rooms! Should be interesting - and possibly depressing!

Anita said...

One of my absolute favorite movies... and I love the picture of your daughter with the horse! What a great memory...